what type of connector is this?

silentflight

100 W
this connector is used on newer BionX motors, from perhaps 2015 or 2016 until they went out of business

did BionX actually design their own connector? I have not been able to find it online

BionX New Gold Connector.jpg

not sure what the propper name is but lots of lower wattage (20-50w) solar panels use them

happy hunting :}

Thanks, BionicBlitz, that's a good avenue to explore.

On the bx-legacy.com website this is referred to as a Vpower connector, but that term didn't bring up anything similar for me.

i thought those solar connectors were the same SAE 2 bullet type used for 12V wiring like trailer lights.
that bionx looks like it might be smaller pins, difficult to judge from pix.
Classic_power_connector_2abe6ea0-8a6e-4e3f-8534-a0a0d19295a7_512x192.jpg

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-lights-and-truck-lights-connector/1398/3226/

Thank you, Toorbough, much appreciated.

Yes, the new connector has smaller diameter "gold plated" pins and the shroud on the left seems to make a water-resistant seal when fully seated.

I have google-imaged solar connectors and haven't seen this exact connector yet.

WIth their former penchant for proprietary hardware, perhaps BionX did design their own connector...

Note the addition of a waterproofing O-ring on the Bionx version. It's likely either a lightly customised version of an off-the-shelf connector or they really did design their own, based losely around the connector commonly used for solar panels, trailer wiring etc

Back