IP-LCD1 Display help

spot

1 µW
Hi
newbie here, I am renovating an old juicy-ebike and have replaced the electrics with a kit from Amazon (Brainpower Brushless Controller) , all appears mostly ok, except a hall sensor in the motor is short circuit, so have to run with the halls disconnected.
I am a little confused with the chinglish used on the display instructions, it has the IP-LCD1 display which there isn't a lot of info about. (or would I be better switching to a KT LCD3 display?)
here is the display info;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lfDSaminZPOrXcXZjwl5aBkoBXtiAke/view?usp=sharing
The part I am unsure of is this;
"Press button, display, P2 and SET, into the motor magnetic pole conversion ratio settings, in the absence of speed detection signal and Holzer signal to the folding machine. Set 46 ( according to the motor change )."

I have no idea how many poles the motor has, Halls are disconnected, I do have an external speed sensor supplied and connected, not sure if it works but plugged it in to the controller.
I haven't had it out on the road yet as its an Xmas present to me, so is it worth me getting the motor fixed, opening the throttle starts the motor no problem, do I really need the hall sensors?
tia

Welcome to ES!
If I recall right, if you have an external speed sensor, then the magnet parameter isn't used since it's measuring speed from the sensor instead of the motor. If that's the case, if you're satisfied that the motor runs smoothly, and you see the speed on the display when you run it (assuming the speed sensor is on the motor wheel), then you're probably good to go. (you need to make sure your wheel size parameter is correct for the speed to read accurately)

Hi thanks, yes speed is shown on display from wheel sensor
Thanks will give it a go as is, motor starts no problem off the throttle, I guess I may have to pedal to start when it has to lug me around.
Steve

Back