Which controller (with display) for the cyclone 1800-3000w motor?

jnlk6

10 mW
Hi guys,

At the moment I have a controller from Passion eBike:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32608837049.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.3212608flZHXiL&algo_pvid=da3cd2d1-9f62-42bd-8264-4549d6a9d884&algo_expid=da3cd2d1-9f62-42bd-8264-4549d6a9d884-10&btsid=8943a7fb-9e3f-4295-9f31-85e59ebb1be2&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_6,searchweb201603_52

This isn't working with the motor, or I have an issue somehow.. The motor hums when I twist the throttle, nothing more. With the controller it came with, the cyclone was working. So when I would need to buy a new controller, which one should I buy. I definitly want a display. Or how can I bring the controller which I have now to work?

My setup:
52V, 24ah Battery
Controller 45A continious, rated 2000W
Cyclone motor 1800-3000W
KT-LCD8s

Thanks for every help

Cyclone sells yuyangking controllers with their motors. No display so make sure you get a bluetooth version. That way your phone will be the display if required.

No "learning" function... sure you have the phase to hall sensors connections correct?

GsugRE9.jpg

Regards,
T.C.

So, thanks for all the replies at first.

I heard of connecting "Green to Blue" or "Blue to Green."
Until now I didn't have time to try it out. I was unsure if this can solve the problem as easy as that, so I kept asking on this forum. But know I really think this is the problem, I'll try it out this weekend.

Thanks for all the help, and especially for the nice diagram of how to solve it.

Tommm said:
Cyclone sells yuyangking controllers with their motors. No display so make sure you get a bluetooth version. That way your phone will be the display if required.

Ok, I didn't know that. I saw some YuYangKing controllers on aliexpress.

Thanks!

E-HP said:
jnlk6 said:
Or how can I bring the controller which I have now to work?

What was you process for wiring the controller to your motor; specifically, how did you match up the hall sensor wires?

I connected each Hall-sensor cable with a gold plated plugs (I think 2mm ones) and the phase wires with 4mm, I think, the battery with an XT90 plug. I'm sure they were connected right. But I will now change the Blue and Green phase wires and I'll see if this helps.

Thanks!

I would open up both controllers to see if the same color phase wires are serving the same set of Fets. A,B,C. wire it the same way, do the same with the hall wires. always works for me

goatman said:
I would open up both controllers to see if the same color phase wires are serving the same set of Fets. A,B,C. wire it the same way, do the same with the hall wires. always works for me

I don't think I've seen anyone actually suggest this, and it's a great suggestion. Seems a much more elegant solution than trial and error, all things considered.

999zip999 said:
Have you connected the G to G and Y to Y and B to B ?

At the moment, yes. But I'll try to switch Green and Blue, and see if this helps.

Back