Help with connectors for BBS-02 36v, 350W

allezdude

1 mW
Trying to get my BBS-02 (36V, 350W) going again after sitting for a few years in a closet. I bought it from Lectric Cycles a few years back but they are out of business so can't go to them for help. Here is a description of what I have followed by a question- hoping the experts here at the forum can help.

Battery Connector Coming Out of Motor
IThe locking connector on the harness that goes from the motor to the battery looks like a HiGo L1019 and has 5 pins. Let's call this the female battery plug to the motor (FEMALE-MOTOR TO BATTERY).

Battery Connection Cable
The extension cable that runs from the battery to the motor has a locking connector and also looks like a HiGo L1019, also has 5 pins. Let's call this the male battery extension cable connector (MALE-BATTERY TO MOTOR).

Battery Adapter Cable
There is a short adapter cable which has an Anderson connector on the battery side and what looks like a HiGo L1019 on the other side. It however has ONLY 4 PINS but otherwise looks identical to the other 2 connectors. Let's call this the FEMALE- END OF BATTERY ADAPTER.

PROBLEM
The FEMALE-MOTOR TO BATTERY connector will not seat in the MALE-BATTERY TO MOTOR connector. However, MALE-BATTERY TO MOTOR connector will seat into the FEMALE-END OF BATTERY ADAPTER.

QUESTION
Can I simply remove the small middle pin from the FEMALE-MOTOR TO BATTERY connector, and by doing so, will the motor work? Based on the other connectors, if I remove the middle pin, then the FEMALE-MOTOR TO BATTERY connector will seat and connect to the MALE-BATTERY TO MOTOR cable.

Here are some pictures if that's helpful. And sorry, the "male" and female" designations probably aren't helpful since having pins in a connector I'm designating "FEMALE" could be confusing.

top pic- FEMALE-END OF BATTERY ADAPTER
middle pic- FEMALE-MOTOR TO BATTERY
bottom- MALE- BATTERY TO MOTOR

Thanks for any comments/insight.

Attachments

• WIN_20191207_12_47_39_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20191207_12_47_39_Pro.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 775
Back