Mismatched hub motor and controller?

rodc

1 µW
Hi Guys, I have a 36 v 250 wat hub motor with the words DaaHub. com, Wisper LTD and rated speed 260/min written on the hub.
My problem is the controller blew and my replacement is different. My motor only has phase wires to the hub and old controller only had red and black power lines plus the phase wires, 3 throttle wires (red white black) and purple instrument connected to the bike. No ebrakes on bike.

The new controller has a heap of extra wires
1 battery red, black
2 motor line red, blue, green
3 electric lock red+ ,red-
4 instrument purple
5 anti-theft red, blue ,green
6 electric brake white blue, black
7 hi brake yellow ,green
8 cruise black, grey
9 anti-theft power red black, black
10 PAS black, red, yellow blue
11 throttle line black, red, green white
12 3 speed line black, yellow, blue yellow
13 self learning white, white
14 hall line black, blue, green, red white, yellow black

When i hooked up the old wires from my bike to 1, 2, 4 and 11 on the new controller the motor does not work. I'm assuming some of the extra wires need to be dealt with somehow, any suggestions? :?:
PS my bike has no pas equipment/sensor on crank or wheels.

In order to get the controller's electronics to start, you will need to add a switch or jumper to #3. (electric lock)

But as your motor is a sensor less type.(no hall sensors) Your controller will have to support that mode also, might want to check first if you haven't verified already.

Regards,
T.C.

Thanks Tommy
My ebikes have been so reliable (4 years 5,000 klms) I've never needed to learn much about controllers.
A whole new world of exploration and education is ahead.
Looks like I'm at the right place.
Cheers M8t.

plug 13, is the one that will make your controller adapt to your motor, if it can.

Leave the others connected, and connect the red to red on the electric lock. that should power up the controller with the switch connected.

Then connect white to white on 13, with the wheel off the ground. If its going to work as a sensorless controller, it will start to turn. If it does, then unplug the 13 wires, and it should work.

If it does not turn, your controller is not supporting sensor less.

Yes it worked.
I had to swap the yellow and green phase wires but seems to be working fine now.
I was having a hard time finding a new correct controller on Ali e.
Many many thanks for your time guys. :bigthumb:
I'm off for a test ride soon, after i borrow the rear wheel off my aseako.

Ps Wanted, used aseako sport headlight or wiring diagram for it? I'll have a sniff through that section.

Thanks again.

I have a similar controller, there is only a single lock wire.its orange how do I jump a si gle wire? I included a picture of the wiring diagram. I'm not sure how to get this controller to work with my hub.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230209_100942_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230209_100942_Gmail.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 56
Back