Braintree S866C install on The One

silentguy

100 W
I just installed this better Braintree controller and display Brainpower Model 866C-6 with S866 Display
On The One folding bike by UCB United City Bikes
It has a 250 watt rear hub motor

0D9A9D12-B2DD-41B1-A302-AA2D78355884.jpeg

View attachment 1

Do not buy this bike , it is falsely advertised.
More info on Reddit group r/unitedcitybikes

I am fixing things wrong with Bike as i was sent a original DAOO controller with the bike which is locked and the settings are not optimal and the bike will not ride properly

I need help with the new Braintree 866 controller settings as the speed is not being displayed accurately I’m pretty sure I have installed everything correctly including the PAS sensor (12 magnets) and the hall sensors.

I’m not sure who the Motor manufacturer is and I can’t easily open up the rear hub as I think I need to use hydraulic press to remove it and I have not been able to figure out how to remove the rear wheel yet

Here’s the controller info
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07S247W96?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

It has 20 changeable settings similar to the list that had been gathered here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedcitybikes/comments/erttcd/controller_settings_updated_21012020/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I still need to adjust some of the settings

If the weather is good I’ll do a test drive and video tomorrow.

This video shows all the display and controller settings

https://youtu.be/vAj4BvREvUs

The display S866 brightness and interface is very nice
Much better than the original DAOO and S5 display and better than the first Braintree controller I bought.

Same issues ; the controller case is too big to fit in the Space under the one so it will need to be removed and put in another case

The PAS sensor needed is also one of the KT V 12 sensors.

This controller has lights as well as EABS function which I have not figured out how to use so it may have regen ability as well.

I need help with :

P07. the number of magnets in the hub motor.

Anybody know the correct value or default value for this 250watt motor. ?

P11 : Boost Sensitivity

P12: Boost Start Strength

P18: Speed Ratio Adjustment

I’ll try the values that were collected in the spreadsheet.

Right now the speed is not being accurately displayed , it’s too fast , so I think I need To adjust the number of magnets listed for the hall sensor in the hub motor.
Possibly also adjust the speed ratio

P13 is the cadence : PAS sensor number of magnets at the pedal crankshaft. Mine is definitely 12 magnets

On looking at magnets inside photos of small 350watt motors , I counted 48 magnets at the outer rim.
If it’s the magnets at the windings I counted 12-14

I played with the p18 speed adjustment ratio and set it to 50% and that gave no load speed
For PAS 01 of 30mph and 62mph on PAS 05

So I’m thinking I have to adjust P07 and P18

I have the correct wheel size set as 16”

Looking for help and advice on how to get the speed to display correctly.

Attachments

• 4DAFB478-D59B-4226-B4E7-7E5D4D20772D.jpeg
    4DAFB478-D59B-4226-B4E7-7E5D4D20772D.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,504
Hi silentguy, I have similar problem with S886 lcd display:
I am using it with brainpower controller and hoverboard motor and problem is P07, I dont know what to put as number of speed magnets, is it from stator - 27, rotor - 30, is is it some other number? Thanks in advance

If you look at the yt video I made it explains the setting I used for p07.
I used 4x12=48

I still had to experiment yo get the correct speed on the speedometer.

Hello I have a problem on the original controller and I believe that there is an issue with the speed sensor. Where the speed sensor is installed ?

Thanks for your kind help

Alan

Any speed sensor, if it is not inside a hubmotor, will be mounted to the frame or fork near a wheel, and there will be a magnet mounted to the wheel itself, usually on a spoke. The sensor should be aligned with this magnet, typically within 5-10mm of it as it passes the frame during wheel rotation.

Some (geared) hubmotors have a speed sensor inside them, there is an extra wire in the motor cable for this (often white), but this sensor rarely fails unless there is damage to the cable itself, which usually causes other problems first.

What specific problem are you having with your system?

I have the original computer of the United City Bike and I have the error E10 on the screeen. I believe that I have a problem with the cable that got broken and this is not a sensor.

Thanks

Vincenzo

alanbridgestone said:
I have the original computer of the United City Bike and I have the error E10 on the screeen. I believe that I have a problem with the cable that got broken and this is not a sensor.

Then you would need to fix the damage to the cable to fix the problem. I'm assuming that if you think there is a problem with the cable that you have seen some damage to it, or know that something happened to the cable to potentially cause damage with it.

If that's not the case, please state the exact specific things you do know about the problem and symptoms you see, and all the events that led up to it, if you know what any of them are.

Then we can suggest tests to find the specific problem and fix it.

Hello

I have decided to change the original controller with the Braintree S866C but the in following pictures you see that the S866C controller is much bigger than the original one

See the attachments

I am curious to know where did you place the controller.

Thanks for your advice

Alan

Attachments

• nuovo controller.jpg
    nuovo controller.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 513
  • old controller.jpg
    old controller.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 512
Back