Hub motor help

Scottywa

1 µW
Please help. I have 2 hub motors both doing same isue. When i apply the trottle you hear the motor do something but takes a second to go. Once it starts to go the power comes in faintly then second later comes in full power

I need help. Motor used to be fine trottle response was 100% but now when i engage throttle u hear the power go into motor faintly then it takes off slow and gradually goes 100% its really getting annoying because a few times its trowen me off bike when lifted front wheel up

It might help members to help you, if you specify the motors and controllers concerned, give other relevant details like throttle, wiring, battery etc

Were they working before? What commissioning testing steps dis you follow?

and tells us some details on how you've started troubleshooting, and your results so far.

Scottywa said:
Please help. I have 2 hub motors both doing same isue. When i apply the trottle you hear the motor do something but takes a second to go. Once it starts to go the power comes in faintly then second later comes in full power
If you have geared motors and you're already rolling when applying the throttle, the motors take a second to rev up to the wheel's speed until they can push it. This is normal on a geared motor.

If you have a direct drive motor, this can still happen because some controllers slowly ramp up to full power (in a matter of 1-2 seconds) to reduce stress on the electronics.
Unless there are weird sounds or big amounts of heat coming from the motors, I wouldn't worry.

Scottywa said:

Are you using a sensorless controller?

Back