S-LCD3 P1 Parameter not saving

pyrlix

1 µW
Hello

I have an issue with the P1-Parameter and cant seem to find a solution for it.
I have a working Toprun TPH-B(A1)24R that has 16 Magnets aswell as a S06P Torquesimulation controller since i cant access the Hallsensors inside the Toprun. The motor had a integrated controller which died internally.
The motor works and spins correctly, the speed readout works without an external sensor too, but its not correct and shows a slower speed than actually driven.
I tried to set the P1 Parameter to 16 how i assume it should be, but it wont save the value. It always jumps back to 20.
Is there any remedy apart from using a reed based speed sensor?
Are those opensource firmwares a big help on that regard, are they even recommended to work around the parameter issues?

If this is anything like other motors I have set up, all you really care about here is getting an accurate speed read out. Magnet count not critical to any function here. Have you tried using higher numbers, those over 20?

After setting P1, do you walk it up thru P5 and then you press the center button?

P1 should be the magnets x gearing of the motor. If you don't know that, do what Ahicks says, and increase P1 til the indicated speed matches what you expect. If you knew what the original integrated controller gave you as a no load speed, then you wouldn't have to ride around. Try 47 for a start. That's a common value.

By the way, I think P1 has more usage inside the KT controller than speed. The common accepted P1 for my Q100H motor is about 205, but if I put in 102, I do not get half the indicated speed, and the motor seems to run a little different.

docw009 said:
After setting P1, do you walk it up thru P5 and then you press the center button?

P1 should be the magnets x gearing of the motor. If you don't know that, do what Ahicks says, and increase P1 til the indicated speed matches what you expect. If you knew what the original integrated controller gave you as a no load speed, then you wouldn't have to ride around. Try 47 for a start. That's a common value.

By the way, I think P1 has more usage inside the KT controller than speed. The common accepted P1 for my Q100H motor is about 205, but if I put in 102, I do not get half the indicated speed, and the motor seems to run a little different.

Its a direct drive motor, there is no gearing and I can count just 16 Magnets. I can increase the value to 32 (double) and rely on a reed contact speed sensor, but its not a solution.
I will try cycling through the whole menu again and see if it works. But the last time I tried it wouldnt save any values under 20.

Ah, I didn't catch that the S06P is sensorless. I have a sensorless S09P in a bike we've not used in a year. That a geared motor, and the speed is close enough.

Anyway, I just got a new LCD3 (hasn't spun a motor yet) and it does save P1 at 16. I wouldn't bet money on being able to repeat that in a single try. Setting parameters on an LCD3 never seems to be deterministic. It jumped back to 46 the first time I tried it.

If you're only 10% slow, you might get a little correction by changing wheel size in the settings, dependning where you started. .

Back