No manual with lcd

Bryony

1 mW
Hi all

I have a yescom kit with an lcd as per the kit below (I'm in australia).

https://www.amazon.com.au/Yescom-Electric-Bicycle-Conversion-Cycling/dp/B07JWFRTZ4

I'm wanting to switch it to kt lcd3 so that I can see the watts being used. Is this compatible? The number of wires are the same with the same colours other than one has yellow instead of white. All other essential are red black green and blue. Since I don't know the brand of lcd and the kit manual says very little about it, I have no idea whether it would work.or not

Anybody have a clue to what ther lcds might work on the yescom kit? Or should I get a separate whatever like the aili?

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/2527368485058516004?q=aili+watt+meter&client=ms-android-samsung&biw=412&bih=652&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:14551875897022343387,paur:ClkAsKraX-o58z_Z-_GFXQZcv3AWuRuy0T7simJ5blsYN1NzMwADOUKwFf2CalQvbqP56CYjjC_0IadUk_-t814GQDyBcoCmy9rDIbiaulMfs60hARufTlUhgRIZAFPVH72fk96EzBnPRWFkPn8dHrvR3gIVPg,prmr:1,cs:1

Also the controller does not have any writing on it and theannual doesn't either.

Yes, It won't work unless Yescomm uses a KT controller and I don't think they do.

All a LCD display needs to light up is battery voltage amd ground on the appropriate pins but to communicate with a controller. both must use the same comm protocol. So don't waste your time with this.

That woukl work as a wattmeter, but to see it whike riding coukd a big wiring headache as it goes between the battery and the controller. That implies long heavy wires, Well maybe you have the battery/controller nu the handlebars.

Some wattmeters come with a shunt that is placed between battery and controller, and use light wires to rub to a diaplay.

Hi,

I've asked about this before but under a different section and didn't get a solution.

I've got the 750w yescom kit in Australia as per the picture.

No manual.

Supplier went to manufacturer and they said they won't issue one as they don't want the users to tinker and break it.

Now me havingredients to test what each is blindly is likely to do more damage surely.

Anyways, does any body have a manual for this? It looks that same as the volt bike but the programming must be different as that has 14 parameters and mine only has 10 or 11. Any ideas.

I want to put a 25kmph limit on it. There may not even be an.option but most seem to have that setting (sw900 omt-m3 etc) Is there an easy way to.do this without using the lcd?

Thanks again

Attachments

• 51GPOkGTkUL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    51GPOkGTkUL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 546
if the seller of your kit doesn't have a manual for your specific controller / lcd combo, you can look at the manuals for similar ones; if yours is a kingmeter lcd it is probably a lishui / li shui controller. there are many many variations of these, but if you find a manual with more settings than you have, at least those that yours does have will probably work the same way. it might not, but it probably will, if the setting exists in yours. it won't help you get settings your system doesnt' have available, though.

if yours does not happen to be one of the controllers with the speed limiting setting, then your options are to either:

--replace the controller and lcd with a set that does have that setting and the wattage display,

or

--add something like the cycle analyst (v2 would work, v3 if you want all the other stuff it does too but it's more complicated to setup) to do the speed limiting and display the watts for you, with controller's lcd still there to access the controller's settings and such,

or

--design something (555 timer being reset by wheelspeed sensor pulses, maybe) to detect the speed exceeding whatever limit you want, and then suppress the throttle signal (easiest way is like the ca 2.x does, just grounding it via a diode) whnever speed is above the limit. and use a separate wattmeter to display the watts.

Back