Elegance 36 Throttle / Controller Help Please

thebikestore

10 µW
Hello, I own a bicycle shop and a customer brought in a bike with a broken throttle. The old throttle has 7 wires and the new throttle has seven wires, but they are not the same colors. When plugged in where the connectors fit, nothing happens.

The motor cuts in and out when the wires are wiggled on the old throttle and disassembly showed signs of arcing and a disconnected wire, the green wire.

I have tested the battery and it is fully charged.

The controller says it is a Santroll WZKH3616KA-OK 15a / 36v

Elegance36a.jpg

Elegance36b.jpg

Elegance36c.jpg

The new throttle is an AlveyTech T53-6144
https://www.amazon.com/AlveyTech-Throttle-eZip-Trailz-Electric/dp/B06X1B4PPD

Coming off the controller there are;
1 red/black Female,

2 yellow/black Male(brake kill attachments) One has an extra red/black Female connector and the other one has a cut brake kill wire(blue/red) plugged in. This was done when the left brake lever was replaced I assume.

1 Three pin Male connector Green/Red/Yellow

The old throttle has;
1 brown/white male

1 blue/yellow male

1 red/black/green female

The new throttle has;
1 Battery Gauge grey/green female

1 PAS/TAS Button yellow/brown male

1 HAL sensor red/blue/white

Will this throttle work with this controller and what wires do I need to hook up on the new throttle to the controller?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike

thebikestore said:
The old throttle has;
1 brown/white male

1 blue/yellow male

1 red/black/green female

The new throttle has;
1 Battery Gauge grey/green female

1 PAS/TAS Button yellow/brown male

1 HAL sensor red/blue/white

The red white and blue of the new throttle is equivalent to the red black green of the old throttle. You should use a multimeter to test which wire on the controller's throttle connector is ~ 5v, which should likely connect to the red wire of the new throttle. You may need to switch around contacts to get it to work.

The other sets of wires are used to monitor charge/voltage (lights on the throttle), and turning the controller on and off (or in the case of the new throttle, to toggle PAS on and off); so if those functions were used with the old throttle, you'd need to at least hook up the on/off connector. If the PAS/TAG button is a simple on/off switch (check with multimeter), it can be adapted to be the power on/off of the controller.

Thank you for the quick reply, I just noticed the throttle supplied says 24v on the side. That seems to me to be an issue, does the throttle have a certain voltage that needs to match the controller and the motor?

thebikestore said:
Thank you for the quick reply, I just noticed the throttle supplied says 24v on the side. That seems to me to be an issue, does the throttle have a certain voltage that needs to match the controller and the motor?

Can you post a picture of the old throttle?

E-HP said:
thebikestore said:

Can you post a picture of the old throttle?

Elegance36d.jpg

Elegance36e.jpg

Elegance36c.jpg

The blue and yellow of the old throttle looks to be a plain switch, likely used to turn the controller on and off. The TAG/PAS switch from the new throttle should be able to provide this function, if it is also an on/off (rather than a momentary push button). The brown and white of the old throttle is used for the voltage/charge level display, but since you bought a 24V throttle, it won't work for your 36V battery (it will probably show full charge all the time), so you can leave that disconnected, unless you get a 36V version.

Thanks all, I switched the hal wires coming off the new throttle and left the battery indicator unplugged and she is humming along nicely using the 24v throttle with the PAS switch acting as on/off power.

I salvaged some wire from the dead throttle to rewire the brake kill switch and it is now working like a charm as well.

Another successful fix thanks to the dedicated folks on the forum!

Cheers and enjoy the ride,

-Mike

Back