throttle with yellow wire gives swapped action?

monster

100 kW
Hi

I am fixing up an old bike with a throttle with a red, green yellow wire instead of the normal red, green black.
the throttle is broken and having trouble finding replacement.
a regular throttle gives full power at off and no power at on (reverse operation).

Is it possible to open up a regular throttle and swap over the magnets? or is it a different type of hall sensor in there?

You might have the wires crossed. With the throttle disconnected, you can use a meter to measure the throttle wires coming from the controller. The negative (ground) wire will be connected to the battery negative (use ohmmeter to find). The signal line will generally measure 10k - 20k ohms against ground. The 5v wire will have 5v vs. ground when you turn on the power.

If the controller really does have a reverse throttle voltage (which I have never seen), reversing the magnets may or may not work depending on how the throttle is built. The other option is to remove the hall sensor in the throttle and flip it over. This would be a better approach if it's easy to reach the sensor. I suppose it's possible they built the throttle with the hall sensor flipped over.

Yes it seems there are some old throttles out there with the throttle hall sensor flipped over and a yellow instead of black wire.

If you hook them up to a regular controller it goes WOT 😧

monster said:
Yes it seems there are some old throttles out there with the throttle hall sensor flipped over and a yellow instead of black wire.

If you hook them up to a regular controller it goes WOT 😧

That could be exciting. Glad you got it sorted out.

Back