Rear Dropout Torque Sensor

DubP

10 mW
Hi guys,

I just picked up an old BH EasyMotion Neo City cheap. I discovered it has this sweet PAS sensor in the rear dropout. It seems like it's actually a torque sensor. Does anybody have any info about this sensor?

My apologies if this is exhaustively covered in another thread. I searched, but...

IMG_20200331_221213_compress1.jpg

Looks like a Sonders style Tq sensor? IDK thou I dont have a Sonders just have seen pics of them.

Some little thing that jumps around inside I don't know if it's ball bearings or some kind of shaped piece of metal but sometimes it sticks and you got to take a little mallet and tap it and that usually starts working again.

999zip999 said:
Some little thing that jumps around inside I don't know if it's ball bearings or some kind of shaped piece of metal but sometimes it sticks and you got to take a little mallet in tap it and that usually starts working again.

what does any of that have to do with this thread?

That's how some of them work. The factory rep told me directly that sometimes you just have to bang it a little bit if not working. Or the possible fix.
He was from stormer I believe.

Thanks for the info! The Idbike sensor looks exactly like mine, and the website gives specs, so now I know it's a 5V sensor with a 0-5V analog signal. Two things I'm wondering, would I be able to wire this directly to a CA V3, and what the pinout is for 5V, GND, and signal. The controller doesn't work so I can't just check voltage. The wires coming from the sensor are red, yellow, and blue (right side of connector in pic below). Any thoughts how to snoop it? IMG_20200401_155035.jpg

DubP said:
Thanks for the info! The Idbike sensor looks exactly like mine, and the website gives specs, so now I know it's a 5V sensor with a 0-5V analog signal. Two things I'm wondering, would I be able to wire this directly to a CA V3, and what the pinout is for 5V, GND, and signal. The controller doesn't work so I can't just check voltage. The wires coming from the sensor are red, yellow, and blue (right side of connector in pic below). Any thoughts how to snoop it? IMG_20200401_155035.jpg

I also have a BH bike with rear dropout sensor, it works with a load cell that measures the deformation caused by the chain tension (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJnCtd9qXog&t=301s). the wiring is RED (5 Vdc), YELLOW (gnd), BLUE (signal).

albe3, thanks for your response. I obviously missed it when you originally posted, but I still have this bike sitting and was still kinda planning to test out the sensor. Now I'll go ahead and try it with the pinout you suggested.

Pretty sure it's the same as the Stromer uses, so searching some Stromer threads might have info too.
Effect_20180826_102526.jpg

Pic of what's under the cover plate. Theres a tiny Allen screw/spring assembly accessed thru a hole on the forward edge of the dropout that's a sensitivity adjuster.

Back