Vesc for ebike

magana1

1 µW
hi ,

i want to use a vesc for a stand up scooter build , i could use a generic controller but i like that the vesc is highly customizable.

reading vesc threads i could use adc1 for throttle signal and adc2 for hall brake signal to give proportional bake and select the Current No Reverse ADC2 mode.

some people reported that on this mode when you brake with throttle pressed the motor is not cut because brake signal is substracted from throttle signal .

did any one successfully use proportional brake with vesc on ebike? i wanted to change the reported signals substraction but i couldnt find the lines of code responsible for that behaviour.
can somebody point me to where in the source could i should look at?

if i cant change the code i would simply hook the throttle signal to a NO reed switch on the brake lever.

magana1 said:
if i cant change the code i would simply hook the throttle signal to a NO reed switch on the brake lever.
Or just use an "ebrake" lever or one for brake lights that already has a switch in it. ;)

FWIW, there is a thread over here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105460
for using a brake lever to run a cable-operated throttle (COT) to control proportional regen:

Back