ASI BAC855 not communicating with a 750c or 850c screen.

thender

100 mW
Hi,

I've tried using this controller with a 750c screen that it once came with(from Alan at ERT), and an 850c screen I bought just incase my 750c had went bad. Neither work, with a new controller.

1) I have connected the controller to the computer and used the bacdoor app to change parameters to confirm that those two serial wires on the controller(17/18) do work.

2) I tried pins 19/20 on the controller as well, as these claim to be serial.

3) I tried swapping RX/TX.

4) This help article says to try a newer firmware version, which I did, but no change there. :( https://support.accelerated-systems.com/KB/?p=2129

5) I tried disabling all of the items they said to disable, and enabling ebike, as can be seen in the screenshots below, but no progress. I tried with and without Bit 12 disable CAN termination resistor switched.

6) I tried every single protocol in the display protocol list including the KM5s protocol that alan has said is the appropriate protocol for the 750c.

7) I tried ordering a new 850c display just incase my 750c had died.

No dice.

ASI only has in-person support where you can call in between 9 AM and 11 AM on Tuesdays, which is kinda limiting. I have a call scheduled, but like many here, am impatient and open to any potential insight on what I am doing wrong before this call. I really can't imagine what I have missed at this point. If anyone has any insight on how to potentially resolve this before then, or has gone through the nightmare of trying to get this to work with a screen, I would highly appreciate your advice. Thank you!

Attachments

• ebikedisplay0.png
    ebikedisplay0.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,293
  • ebikedisplay1.png
    ebikedisplay1.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,293
I had a chat session with the good folk at ASI, but no luck. They think it is just a display not programmed for it.

Strange since this display works with a BBSHD stock controller, but doesn't work with ASI's BAC855.

Does anyone here have a display they use with the BAC855 they can confirm works?

Yeah, I tried every protocol down the line. I had a session with ASI and sent them my programming, they added options they thought would fix, no dice. I gave up.

What is your firmware version on your ASI, I had the same issue and it was fixed after upgrading software

Hi, you need display which firmware support ASI. I will get some pcs for sell soon. If you still need it you can contact with me via mail: manusontv@gmail.com

Back