e-bike cuts out under hard throttle

horseshoe

10 µW
sabvoton 7280 cuts out on hard throttle I have a 72 volt 25ah battery I have tried a different battery does same thing can anyone help me with this

Something is shutting down the power. If it's not the battery, is it erratic? Maybe a bad connection somewhere between the battery and the motor?

Is it predictable? Like maybe you are exceeding the capacity of the controller?

Has this bike been running correctly for a while, and this problem just showed up? OR, is this a new build, or one you've made some changes to recently?

Answers to those questions might help you to figure this out, or for others to give you a hand.

no I put the bike together myself and it's done it ever since it was new it's predictable it doesn't it does it every time you crank down on the throttle hard or when you start maxing out the throttle

no I put the bike together myself and it's done it ever since it was new it's predictable it doesn't it does it every time you crank down on the throttle hard or when you start maxing out the throttle

Does it actually power off?

Or does it just stop responding to the throttle?

If the former, then the battery's BMS is shutting down to protect itself from either overdischarge (too much voltage drop in the cells under load, which you won't usually see *except* under that same high load) or overcurrent. You'd have to find out which, and proceed from there.

If the latter, then there are at least two possibilities, potentially several more.

First, the controller could be setup wrong for the throttle you have. When throttle is above some particular voltage, it could be triggering "high pedal fault" or something similar, where there is too high a voltage on the throttle input so it stops responding because it thinks the throttle is broken and may be stuck on full.

Second, the controller could have it's LVC set to such a high voltage that when the battery voltage sags a little bit under high current, it shutsdown to protect the battery.

Other possiblities include a current or power fault limit in the controller's settings that when exceeded cause shutdown ratehr than simple limiting.

What he said, if it porpoises on and off every full throttle, its very likely the battery sags enough to trigger the LVC on the controller. This will happen if the controller lvc is higher than the bms lvc.

In either case, your real problem may be too much power for the battery to handle. its telling you stop murdering your battery.

Lastly, the condition can be made worse simply by having a poor connection to the battery. Could be a scorched contact on the battery plug. So if less volts gets through, just a little sag still hits lvc.

Back