Crystalyte H3540 Noise

Fjp

1 W
I finished a tandem build.... almost. It ran fine for a few short test rides then developed a horrible noise and vibration. My first thought was the axle had shifted and the tire was rubbing. That was not the case. Then the noise changed to what is in the video below. I believe all the connections are fine!

The motor is a Crysalyte H3540, with a 40 amp Infineon controller. It has 2600 miles on it and has been absolutely flawless until now.

Anyone with an idea of what this could be? Heading for a National Paris tour in two weeks and really want something to ride!

https://youtu.be/vU1TO4Bg8fo

Thanks,
Frank

did you pull one of the side covers off and have trouble realigning the holes?.

it sounds like the axle shaft splines are stripped but thats pretty crazy.

i took my side cover off once without marking the plate and it was a bugger to fit back on to match the screw holes, got some metal shavings in the motor that worked their way to the magnets and made the motor feel like a blown hall

I haven’t pulled the cover yet! Guess I’m hoping for an easy fix..... going out to check the connectors at the motor now.

Thanks for the response,
Frank

Thanks Goatman,
I appreciate the advice, but I got lucky and found a wire on the throttle, that had been previously wrapped in tape, that had been cut about half way through the conductor. I soldered it together and everything is back to normal.

Regards,
Frank

Back