"Slow" X-Treme XB300LI

lmaccaro

1 µW
New to ebikes (and super new to ebike troubleshooting!)

Just purchased a used XB-300LI, 300w 24v mountain bike.  

It doesn't seem to have any power "off the line" but does have some assist once you are already up to speed.  I also have a 350w bike in the family and this used 300w has nowhere near the power of the 350w.  Maybe 1/4 the power. 

It also sometimes only wants to just start going and then stop.  Spins a 1/4 turn then gives up.  Like it's missing a capacitor (but I don't think these things have a capacitor?)

I can hear some clicking sounds from the hub under acceleration sometimes, which I don't think I should.

I've pull the battery and checked the voltage, I'm getting 24.3v at 80% SoC so that's probably not it.

It is just as slow using the throttle as it is using PAS.

I've checked (and fixed) the PAS sensor, that is working correctly as far as I can tell now.

I've checked the controller, everything looked connected.  There were two connections (from controller to controller) that were unhooked, almost like jumpers.  I assume they are some kind of jumper for using a different kind of hub, like a 60 instead of a 120 or a different voltage hub or something.  Though I have no way to know if they were supposed to be jumpered together or not and wasn't sure I should just try it.  There was one connection to the hub that looked "dark" almost like it was heatshrunk too much.

Cleaned the connectors between the bike and battery.  

Checked the wiring from the controller going into the hub, looked fine.

Anything else I should do?  I almost think my next step would be to replace the hub, but I am having trouble finding just a hub, seems most places want to sell you an entire conversion kit.  Paid $350 for the bike (list price is about $700) so I'm not really wanting to spend a ton.

Back