Where to find Super73 style ebike frame?

azad

10 W
Hi,

(I have already seen a similar old post at endless sphere but it went inconclusive and I would really like to see if it is even possible today.)

I would like to build an ebike/e-moped with a frame that has large space for battery as well as has the bottom bracket and peddles. I see some ebikes similar to that (e.g. Super73) but it is hard to find the chassis and wheel set for such bikes. Can anybody tell if it is possible to buy a chassis and wheels like that or one must have to build one from scratch?

Attachments

• SUPER73-Z1-1.jpg
    SUPER73-Z1-1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6,705
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97040

From past experience I'd say that's a tall order. There are similar things that are pricey, maybe not as good. But I'm looking and so far none of those links are any good any more.

I would suggest buying a whole knockoff bike and upgrading. This one looks promising.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2020-48V-500W-750W-1000W-aluminum_62583571461.html

I wonder what's the appeal of using something like this, that's so compromised, instead of a functional normal bike? These things have been worked out over a long time, and novelties are usually a dead end.

like suspension designs?;) .. bc you can.. ebike is no longer constrained by bicycle chassis.. bc you have motor feel free to get creative or add some style beyond pure function, why not???

Dauntless said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97040

From past experience I'd say that's a tall order. There are similar things that are pricey, maybe not as good. But I'm looking and so far none of those links are any good any more.

I would suggest buying a whole knockoff bike and upgrading. This one looks promising.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2020-48V-500W-750W-1000W-aluminum_62583571461.html

It isn't in EU. Buying directly from China would mean a tax of more than 200% the price. This is too expensive, specially when I would want to tear it apart and replace the motor and battery. Also alibaba doesn't sell one item does it?

Balmorhea said:
I wonder what's the appeal of using something like this, that's so compromised, instead of a functional normal bike? These things have been worked out over a long time, and novelties are usually a dead end.

Functionality and easy frame to work with for DIY upgrades. The tilted downtube and inverted triangle frame is a hell to work with and upgrade continousely.

AliExpress, like eBay, Amazon etc should always be considered.

Here you go...
Also there are several USA manufacturers still making the old school mini bike kits, raw steel, no motor.

Attachments

• B3435B5A-C387-4590-A711-598A2E3269AD.jpeg
    B3435B5A-C387-4590-A711-598A2E3269AD.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 6,680
Skaiwerd said:

Here you go...
Also there are several USA manufacturers still making the old school mini bike kits, raw steel, no motor.

tried to search aliexpress multiple times, couldn't find any bicycle frame in the search results. Maybe search is area specific?
The shipping and price is so much that I wonder if it is possible to buy a full bicycle (not electric) in this price! The EU taxes added to this would make it a 1000$ frame.

azad said:
Balmorhea said:

Functionality and easy frame to work with for DIY upgrades. The tilted downtube and inverted triangle frame is a hell to work with and upgrade continousely.

I have several people riding them around me and they love them. There are adults who ride what others would call a kids' bike, not because these people are particularly short. Or under 6' even. Not sure what you think is dysfunctional. Haven't rode one myself but I'm betting it feels much like your typical moped.

Dauntless said:
Not sure what you think is dysfunctional.

it gives you better surface for carrying weight and DIY experiments. The typical inverted design was never meant to carry any additional weight other than the rider. It is actually silly how these ebikes are trying so hard to cater to that design.

Sure, it can look and feel like a moped but what is an ebike really if not a lightweight moped?!

I think an electric bicycle should make sense as a bicycle, before it's electrified. Otherwise, put a license plate on it and get some insurance.

I want the frame too, not the bike, closest I could find was this :

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62530387411/20-inch-48V-750W-73-SOBOWO.html?__sceneInfo=%7B%22type%22:%22appDetailShare%22,%22data%22:%7B%22filterKey%22:%227.8.2_share%22,%22cacheTime%22:%221800000%22%7D%7D

They will sell you one.

I my case I’m in the UK and price of the Super 73 is insane, meaning the China option is viable.

Skaiwerd do you remember where you found this frame listed at ??? Thank you.

Skaiwerd said:

Here you go...

Back