Most powerful rear hub motor for ebike

Santacruz

100 W
Hi all,
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I see no section for rear hub motors.
I have also searched and not been able to find my answer.
My question is:- Is the QS273 the most powerful rear hub motor for a bike, or are there others I don't know about.
My present build is a stealth style bike, 155mm rear drop out and running a Mxus 3000w motor. But I am looking to the near future to maybe upgrade to get the most power I can for my own fun.
Anyone have any suggestions, or maybe I should look at a complete motor bike wheel (18" or 19").
I know the QS273 is rated at 4000w with a peak of 8000w and know it can be pushed passed that, but I am wondering if there is anything that starts at a higher wattage, like 10000w or so.
I know I have probabaly opened a hornets nest with this question, but I seriously would like to know and here of alternatives.
Thanks in advance.

A QS273 is a monster compared to a MXUS, it has masses or torque. You will need a BIG battery 84 volts+ and 300a amps + discharge capability also a high amp controller. Next you will need big brakes to stop as the whole thing will weigh a bit.
That said powerful and brisk is an understatement. :lol: - See profile

Go for it - you won't be disappointed.

Jonno

Thanks for the replies.
Power supply and controller is not a problem. I have a 22s5p 26650 pack that can put out 250 - 300A peak, and a Sabvoton SVMC96120.
My real question, was, are there any hub motors, suitable for a bike that are more powerful than the QS273.
I know there are some in the Motor cycle world, but then the drive chain, brakes and drop out do not suit a bike.

Back