Poor acceleration Risunmotor/MQCON ( sabvoton like) 80A controller

bojlihal

100 µW
Dear members,
I built an ebike with Mxus 3k turbo 3T motor, and Risunmotor 80A sine wave controller, this: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328712396 ... sitedetail
I have a performance issue with it, not accelerating as good as i expected.
The display shows only max. 2300W power consuption when fully throttle acceleration. Battery amps around only 40A. My bat capable continuous 100A, (60V).
I tried tune with pc software, but this is the max wattage i can pull it.
Attached my basic setup.
When i set rated phase current to 80-100A, it not accelerate as fast with 150A.
But it should use max phase current when full throttle, right?
It is like it not use boost currents and limiting the rated phase current. Set the boost/3spd setup to "boost start" option, but not helped.
Tried Dc limit current set to 80A, and 30A but it is the same.
The full throttle voltage setup is 4,4V and real voltage when pulling is 4,5V, so should detect is at full throttle.
Do you have any idea what can i try, or this controller only capable this poor acceleration?

My other ebike with Kunteng controller max. 45A 18Fet and 1500W motor pulls 2000W and nearly accelerates like this, so this is why i am not happy, i expected more.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 1,661
I tried everything now i think. Played all the setting, three MQcon software version, because one of them i can not set throttle mid current, but the other i can set to 70A.
Still i can not get more than ~2300W. I checked the battery amp with clamp meter and the max is 40A.

I do not know where is the problem, why not consumes more.
60V battery not enough for 3T Mxus to pull more amps? I do not think so.
I do not really want to buy 150A version controller, but i have not other option i think.

In the 150A version how far i can set the rated phase current?

Dc current = battery current
Phase current = motor current

You are messing with the wrong settings.
Also, some controller manufacturers list phase amps in advertising, so the battery current can be much lower.

Tommm said:

Also, some controller manufacturers list phase amps in advertising, so the battery current can be much lower.

Thank you for your reply!
I know these, but the controller not react to change Boost dc current setting. I set to 20A and still consumes 40A.
I can not go higher than 80A.
Only react changing rated phase current, if i set to 100A it consume less and i fell slower acceleration, but i can not go higher than 150A.
Act like limiting 40A battery current.

Is it possible that send me 4T or 5T winding Mxus motor and the voltage is not high enough to consumes more?

bojlihal said:
Tommm said:

Thank you for your reply!
I know these, but the controller not react to change Boost dc current setting. I set to 20A and still consumes 40A.
I can not go higher than 80A.
Only react changing rated phase current, if i set to 100A it consume less and i fell slower acceleration, but i can not go higher than 150A.
Act like limiting 40A battery current.

Is it possible that send me 4T or 5T winding Mxus motor and the voltage is not high enough to consumes more?

Assuming the answer is yes, but just confirming that your throttle acceleration parameter is set to minimum (time)?

E-HP said:
Assuming the answer is yes, but just confirming that your throttle acceleration parameter is set to minimum (time)?
Yes, throttle acc, dec time was set to 10ms, i tried 0ms, but act like limiting harder.
After thinking, i should have 3T winding, becasue off wheel speed about 85km/h without flux weakening, and that is 670RPM on 26"wheel, and 60V mean around 11kv which is 3T winding.
I am affraid that if i buy the 150A version, will act like same if i can not go higher 150A rated phase amp.

Set "dc limit current" to 80a, and show us the rest of your settings like "FUNC, THROTTLE MOTOR"

Managed to solve the problem!
The software which was sent by the seller and the newest v2.1 mqcon too not has option to set up the DC current limited volt and limit dc current. I did not see this option.
I had to search hours of the internet then i found a link to older versions.
With v2.0 with bluetooth version only has this DC current limited voltage option which was factory default 63V and limit dc current option is 50A max.!
So my 61V battery controller always limited the dc current to 50A.
After i seted up to 53V and 20A limit it works like a rocket.
Power consuption now near 5kW and always want to lift the front wheel when pull full throttle. :D

Attachments

• 20200910_102630.jpg
    20200910_102630.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 1,597
by bojlihal » Sep 09 2020 2:37am

Dear members,
I built an ebike with Mxus 3k turbo 3T motor, and Risunmotor 80A sine wave controller, this: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328712396 ... sitedetail
The display shows only max. 2300W power consuption when fully throttle acceleration. Battery amps around only 40A. My bat capable continuous 100A, (60V).

I'm just wondering how much your battery weighs to get 100A continous @ 60V. I would like the same but the battery i'm running is 15lbs @ 36A continous, would need three of these. Don't want to run a 45lb battery. So what is your solution?

ZeroEm said:
by bojlihal » Sep 09 2020 2:37am

Dear members,

I'm just wondering how much your battery weighs to get 100A continous @ 60V. I would like the same but the battery i'm running is 15lbs @ 36A continous, would need three of these. Don't want to run a 45lb battery. So what is your solution?

I just make a prototype battery with 16S5P combination with 20700 sanyo 30A cells.
This safely capable 100A continous.
Just 17Ah, weight around 6kg with bms, and case.
Later i want to make 16S7P or 16S8P combination with high current 18650 cells.

That sounds great but how long will that battery pack put out 100 amps continues before it starts to sag in voltage my battery has over 200 18650 cells for my 100 amp sabvoton controller and I have to charge it after every ride

Do you have a link to the version you found to fix your acceleration?I'm having the same problem

Back