Controller replacement for 15s/54V and '1000W' Voilamart Kit

Hello,

sorry if this question has been answered before but I have to admit that I spent quite some time reading and using the forum's search function but I am still not sure what the 'best' solution for my bike would be.

- I fitted my (cheap) full suspension MTB with a Voilamart 1000w rear-hub-kit. It came with the SW900 display.
- Then I built a 15s4p battery using Samsung 18650 25r cells.
- Finally I added a 60A smart BMS (bluetooth).
- I still have to add some kind of torque arms.

Since I learned that the controller is quite bad, I want to replace it.
I'd like regenerative braking and maybe cruise control but that's not too important. I understand that the SW900 display won't be compatible with other controllers but to be honest, I don't really need to use it. I'd just need a way to configure the controller I guess.

I don't want to spend too much on a fancy controller but from what I read, it's possible to get decent ones at aliexpress and the like.

Maybe you could provide me with some tips regarding the choice of controller since it is my first ebike-build ;)

Thanks in advance. It's a really great forum with tons of quality content.

Cheers

...as i am just finishing my own first build, and with the Voilamart 1000w, i'd love to have answers to this as well.

peace, SOG

I decided to buy a KT Controller with bluetooth so I don't have to mess with the LCD or buy another one. I am using my phone while biking anyway so it's fine.

The controller is a kt48zwsrktb-sjt02lb (available here [ 18 Mosfet Dual Mode 48V BT] https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33006307946.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d4Y0Xkz )

I downloaded the (poor) KT app but didn't know what settings to change so I just tried it out. It runs fine when I lift the wheel but when I set it down and turn the throttle the motor makes clicking/clunking noises. Definetely doesn't sound healthy.
Bad settings or bad wiring came to mind (hall sensor order?).

I didn't find any recommended settings for Voilamart motors with KT controllers yet.

I downloaded the BluOSEC app because it has a function to check hallsensor order but when I want to connect via bluetooth, BluOSEC keeps crashing.

Honestly, I'm out of (newbie-)ideas.

I would look inside the controller to see what the ratings are on the capacitors. You're running a sort of oddball voltage at 15S, which fully charged is 63V. If the caps are rated at 60V, the controller may not last long. The running issue seems to be a bad hall/phase wire combo.

Back