Bafang hub motor harness

Irae

1 mW
Salutations!

So I'm just finishing up an e-kickbike build for my son based on the Gravity M10 (https://www.gravity-scooters.com/en/mushing/22-97-m10.html#/50-frame_type-normal_frame) and Bafang 48v 500w front hub motor with the battery in a case mounted where the down tube meets the deck, and the controller in a box above that, closer to the headset.

My issue is twofold:
1) The stock wiring harness (connecting the motor controller to the display, throttle, etc.) is 41" long, and I only need about a foot of that.
2) I'm not running brake sensors, as there's no drivetrain or PAS, and would love to have a 1 to 2 cable for display and throttle only to minimize the size of the harness.

Anyone know of a source for a shorter, 1 to 2 wiring harness? Or a shorter 1 to 4? Or want to reassure me that, if I got my hands on the 1 to 2 somehow, I could shorten it without driving myself crazy?

TIA

Irae

I just cut the cables down, solder the wires and heatshrink them.

There are different motor cables depending on the controller connections. You don't say which type you need.

Thanks for the reply. It's a Bafang hub motor, so it's got the HIGO connectors. Thought about cutting the cables on the long, straight bit before the split, but that's a lot of wires. Probably not worth the effort, but it would tidy up the look of the bike.

Back