Where do I start my build? Qs205? Vector frame? Any advice would be appreciated

mbgjt1

100 W
Hi everyone

I am in the process of doing some research for an Enduro E-bike build. I weigh about 70 kg and would mostly like to use the bike on the road and maybe some dirt and gravel trails. It would also be nice to have it support another rider (combined weight of 140kg).

Looking at spending the same amount as a Sur ron (3,600 USD), but hoping to get a bike with much faster acceleration.

Can anyone give me some advice about the following? Or at least some points of reference to point me in the right direction?

1) Motor...
Initially I chose the QS273 but I have been told this is much too heavy and would be a nuisance to fit due requiring a swivel arm with a wider drop out. Therefore, I have chosen the QS205v3 (4T for best balance of acceleration and top speed?). Would this be a suitable choice? What sort of acceleration could I potentially get (0 to 80km time of under 6 seconds ?)

2) Frame...
I was looking at the Enduro Ebike frames on alibaba and aliexpress. However, I have also been told these are low quality steel. Any alternatives you would recommend at roughly the same price? Something that is much stronger and would handle some offroading. Some recommendations were Qulbix frame or the Vector Vortex frame. Would this support the combined weight of 140kg off road? Are these the best options?

3) What sort of controller and battery do you recommend I pair with these options

4) It looks like the best option would be front hydraulic brakes, coupled with rear regenerative braking. Any advice or tips on the best options for this?

I would really appreciate any tips/advice/litrature. I'm afraid I don't have a huge budget to work with but I'd really like to do it once and do it right!

Thank you :)

I'm certainly not the best person to answer your question but after two builds I can tell what I would do differently next time.

Most important is just knowing what you want out of the build and what riding conditions you will be using it in. Then let that answer determine all your next purchases.

Then I'd decide on a frame, because that too is going to influence your subsequent purchases (if you're doing it right anyway). After that probably the motor/drivetrain. Then the all important battery, and pair that with a controller that will take full advantage of your battery but won't melt your motor. After that its accessories and you're off to the races.

Good luck man.

theloadedquestion said:
Then the all important battery, and pair that with a controller that will take full advantage of your battery but won't melt your motor. After that its accessories and you're off to the races.

Good luck man.

A good controller has temp protection, I think it would take one hell of a controller to burn the motor before the temp protection reacts.
I can recommend nucular 24fet to that motor, I havent seen much else I would rather use.

There are to many of these threads, no one cares to answer after a few. Read some build threads, and other similar threads to get an idea of what you want.

Back