Connecting a MAC with a Baserunner Z9

neos

100 mW
Are there any ready-made cable adapters for this type of application?

The MAC has this 3 cables / connectors:

Cable 1: Motor phase, Anderson 30A connector:
PIN 1: Yellow
PIN 2: Blue
PIN 3: Green

Cable 2: Hall sensors, Julet Z509 connector:
PIN 1: Green
PIN 2: Blue
PIN 3: Yellow
PIN 4: Black (GND)
PIN 5: Red (+5V)

Cable 3: NTC 10kOhm Temperature sensor, JST connector:
PIN 1: 0
PIN 2: Grey

MAC controller sockets

Since the Baserunner_Z9s reads the speed and thermistor
signal on the same line, and then demux them and send them to the Cycle Analyst,
could the CA display the speed also while coasting and
would it get a correct temp signal with this MAC?

Or would a Phaserunner MT be more suitable in this case?
As the Phaserunner manual states, the Phaserunner has two motor cable sockets (Motor phase, hall sensors).
The motor temp sensor cable has to be connected with the Cycle Analyst.
In this case only a Julet to JST adapter for the hall sensor cable would be needed.
Could the Phaserunner provide a correct speed signal with this setting to the CA?

The Phaserunner manual says:

"The CA’s speed signal (pin 5, yellow wire) will toggle once per electrical commutation
regardless of whether you have hall sensors connected"

Would I get a correct speed signal (also while coasting) with this MAC and the Phaserunner?

Did you found a solution vor Baserunner with Z9? (https://ebikes.ca/baserunner-z9-stand-alone.html)

Actually i owned a Baserunner Z9 and iam not shure how I can get speed Signal to my CA3 with wp8 connector, my geared Hub Motor provide on his Z9 motorcable only temp sensor...

In the phaserunner v3 documentation update file (https://ebikes.ca/amfile/file/download/file/118/) I read, there are two lines on phaserunner_mt to provide exernal speed and temp signal. Is this similar on baserunner?

Attachments

• 20210227_121002.jpg
    20210227_121002.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 192
The white wire from the MAC supplies a speed signal only under power. When coasting it will go to -0-

It needs an external speed sensor to register speed full time. Mine did anyway (MAC 12t)

Back