Ebike motor won’t run

Jmedinalopez

100 µW
Hello I just recently bought a 2000w hub motor ebike kit for my bike. I separately bought a 52v 20ah battery and installed everything in my bike.

I turn on the bike and the LCD works, so there is current going to the controller. However when I twist the throttle I barely get a click and the motor won’t run. The kit is brand new so I doubt there is something that needs to be repaired.

I want to note that the controller options are 48,60 and 72v but not 52v just like my battery

When I was I talking the kit I was having trouble with the wheel braking or grinding it self and I tonight there was some friction somewhere but it seems that h the ere is nothing grinding, it might just be the motor locking up while is off, I also tried to twist the throttle while pedaling and the motor actually braking instead of propelling

I hope somebody can help me with this, thank you

Hello I just recently bought a 2000w hub motor ebike kit for my bike. I separately bought a 52v 20ah battery and installed everything in my bike.

I turn on the bike and the LCD works, so there is current going to the controller. However when I twist the throttle I barely get a click and the motor won’t run. The kit is brand new so I doubt there is something that needs to be repaired.

I want to note that the controller options are 48,60 and 72v but not 52v just like my battery

When I was I talking the kit I was having trouble with the wheel braking or grinding it self and I tonight there was some friction somewhere but it seems that h the ere is nothing grinding, it might just be the motor locking up while is off, I also tried to twist the throttle while pedaling and the motor actually braking instead of propelling

I hope somebody can help me with this, thank you

You do not describe the connectors for the motor but most likely cause is wrong order of phase and/or hall wires, if you just matched the colors that usually does not work.

Go to the Grin website or search here for correct procedure for finding the right connection order, pay special attention to the instruction to make very small throttle movements.

Also a loose wire or connection in general in the #1 cause, by a wide margin, of all ebike malfunctions.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/pop?ref=ppx_yo2_mob_b_pop__fp_6_pp&orderId=113-8658536-8121067&lineItemId=lkpglvoplrpvwny&shipmentId=Ds0973LrV&packageId=1&asin=B07S3K4BBL

E-HP said:
Links to the kit?

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/pop?ref=ppx_yo2_mob_b_pop__fp_6_pp&orderId=113-8658536-8121067&lineItemId=lkpglvoplrpvwny&shipmentId=Ds0973LrV&packageId=1&asin=B07S3K4BBL

Thank you

AngryBob said:
You do not describe the connectors for the motor but most likely cause is wrong order of phase and/or hall wires, if you just matched the colors that usually does not work.

Go to the Grin website or search here for correct procedure for finding the right connection order, pay special attention to the instruction to make very small throttle movements.

Also a loose wire or connection in general in the #1 cause, by a wide margin, of all ebike malfunctions.

It is the standard ABC colored connectors ( green, blue, yellow) with an additional connector I believe is the hall sensor. I tried to switch the order of the connectors and while some give more life to the wheel, little vibration, I’m they still malfunction

Thank you

Link does not show a kit, DESCRIBE the frocking thing.

Should be 3 thick wires and 5 thin ones, if different, DESCRIBE the frocking thing.

Did you follow the instruction to find the correct order for yourself, or maybe search for it here as it has been typed out in great detail many dozens of times here, go directly over to the indicated search window and DESCRIBE the frocking thing.

"Correct order of phase and Halls" in case you don't know what the frocking thing is.

AngryBob said:
Link does not show a kit, DESCRIBE the frocking thing.

Should be 3 thick wires and 5 thin ones, if different, DESCRIBE the frocking thing.

Did you follow the instruction to find the correct order for yourself, or maybe search for it here as it has been typed out in great detail many dozens of times here, go directly over to the indicated search window and DESCRIBE the frocking thing.

"Correct order of phase and Halls" in case you don't know what the frocking thing is.

It was indeed the ESC-motor connection, I had to try 36 different combinations to find the Obed that worked smooth without grinding. Now it works perfect thank you! However the PAS system is installed but does not seem to engage

Jmedinalopez said:
However the PAS system is installed but does not seem to engage

I couldn't view the link, but assuming the PAS came with the kit, then it's a good chance the wiring order on the connectors are correct. That would leave your physical placement, so if it's a two piece PAS (magnetic disc and sensor), then check to make sure the sensor is properly aligned and within a couple of millimeters from the sensor to the magnets.

As above, the sensor must be Extremely Close to function.

Good you found the test, now you know. There is a way to reduce the combinations you need to try, this you should locate for future reference.

E-HP said:
Jmedinalopez said:
However the PAS system is installed but does not seem to engage

I couldn't view the link, but assuming the PAS came with the kit, then it's a good chance the wiring order on the connectors are correct. That would leave your physical placement, so if it's a two piece PAS (magnetic disc and sensor), then check to make sure the sensor is properly aligned and within a couple of millimeters from the sensor to the magnets.

Yes the PAS came with the kit, however since I had to rewire the ESC-motor connection which were also in the kit there is the possibility that they did the same with the PAS which is time wasting, I will try to put closer together to see if that works thank you

AngryBob said:
As above, the sensor must be Extremely Close to function.

Good you found the test, now you know. There is a way to reduce the combinations you need to try, this you should locate for future reference.

Thank you

Back