CA3 throttle output voltage not changing

I have changed the min throttle output voltage and the max. The screen shows the throttle changing position so I know that is working. But when probing the signal and ground on the CA throttle out, the voltage isn't changing. I have a stand alone shunt that I am using.

The throttle seems to be in pass through mode. I don't think I changed anything else. Any other wacky settings that might be locking the output of the throttle at min voltage?

Was is working before you changed the settings?

And what do you mean by "The throttle seems to be in pass through mode."? Why don't you just check to see what throttle mode it's set too?

Throttle is most definitely in pass thru mode. Have not been successful in getting a response through the CA from the throttle to the controller.

Throttle will spin the motor when directly connected to the controller and the signal voltage goes up and down with it. Is there another setting that might lock the output of the throttle temporarily?

Any limiter setting will prevent throttle output when engaged.

Power on the system, then press the left CA button once. You are now at the diagnostic screen. Any letter on the lower left that is capitalized means a limiter is engaged, so you can then look up the menu page for that limit, and disable it.

Throttle voltages are shown on the top of this screen, input on the left, and output on the right. In pass-thru, the right should change the same way the left does.

On this page
https://ebikes.ca/product-info/grin-products/cycle-analyst-3.html#SetupThrotIn
it shows all the modes. Bypass mode is best for testing for wiring issues vs settings issues, as it completely bypasses all limiting and modification settings, and directly passes whatever voltage is on the input to the output.

Back