Tandem Torque sensor

Ohmdale

1 µW
Hello, new member here. I am looking for my first build adding a kit from Grin Technologies (eZee or GMAC) to my old Raleigh SC Tandem. What I want is a torque sensor on the "captain's" BB. A single chainring is on the left side (130mm BC). The front derailleur is on the "stoker's" BB with a triple chainring. Both BBs are typical tapered square BB.

Is there any reason a torque sensor wouldn't putout the right signals to the CA3 Cycle Analyst with this setup? The torque sensors that look like possibilities are: NCTE, Sempu and TDCM.

NTCE will track only the left leg input of the rider stroking it. It measures the rider torque directly and accurately, for the left leg.

Most folks pedal with pretty equal power between left-right. I'm among the 1% who don't (and still prefer the NTCE). The NTCE is very accurate and stable; can't comment on the others.

Triketech, thanks for the input. As long as the NTCE is the right width I wouldn't think it mattered which side the chainring is on. Pedal pressure is pedal pressure.

Am I right that the crank arms mount to the NTCE sensor just like a regular BB? The Erider sensor has it's own spyder and crank arms, so the load may measured differently.

Back