Sabvoton/Risunmotor controller programming help!

Rizeblader

10 mW
Hi I have the Sabvoton/Risun 7245 controller, mated to 52V 20ah battery. Motor is Bafang G062.1000 
https://www.bafang-e.com/en/oem-area/components/component/motor/rm-g0621000dc/

The problem, with me on the bike from a stop the motor will make some clunking/rattling/rough start noises. Usually worse in PAS 4 or 5, sometimes no noise in PAS1 using throttle. When the tire in the air, it spins with 0 issue. Once I sit and apply throttle it will make the noise and then smooths out and will hit 29MPH no issues. I weight 180lbs if that matters.

I swapped back to factory controller, using factory controller I do not have this issue. Sometimes if I roll the throttle slowly it won't make noise and will start ok. I am using a thumb throttle. Please see attached settings. Seller recommend I change "Potor poles (sic)" to 30 and rated phase to 30. Still no luck. Any advice?

I have a new thumb throttle on new controller. Is it possible the throttle is bad?

I've been trying various settings for over a week now and going crazy! I'm probably overlooking something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200907-185407_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200907-185407_Samsung Internet.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,778
  • Screenshot_20201105-132721_MQCON.jpg
    Screenshot_20201105-132721_MQCON.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Screenshot_20201105-132717_MQCON.jpg
    Screenshot_20201105-132717_MQCON.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Screenshot_20201105-132634_MQCON.jpg
    Screenshot_20201105-132634_MQCON.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Screenshot_20201105-132630_MQCON.jpg
    Screenshot_20201105-132630_MQCON.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Screenshot_20201105-132607_MQCON.jpg
    Screenshot_20201105-132607_MQCON.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,777
  • Screenshot_20201105-132618_MQCON.jpg
    Screenshot_20201105-132618_MQCON.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,777
try these settings:

Internal speed limit % ...65
Throttle min (V)....2.50
Accelerate (ms)...200
----------------------------------
DC Current (A)...50
Rated phase current (A)...80
differant variables and conditions as wind hills rider weight (180lbs) other little tweeks but those i offered were text book settings.
hope it helped

Have you run the Hall test?
Usually the hall test determines everything and you don't really need to tweak all these parameters.
I suggest you to reset to defaults, then run the hall test properly, and then only adjust if necessary.

Also, one other thing I noted is that your Current Limiting volage is set to 64 V
Since your battery delivers only 52V that means that you never have full power delivery. So you need to find another value, I'd set it to something around 40V. This setting is intended to protect your battery, so that it doesn't go too low in voltage during high loads (in case you don't have a BMS).
This might contribute to the problem you're having, I don't know.

DC current can probably be higher than 35A, that sounds weak. I don't know this particular version but I guess the maximum should be 45Amps.

The other parameters seem ok to me.
So yeah, first you should run the hall test. The controller will test the motor parameters by itself and then it should be good to go.
Hope it'll solve your problem :)

Dui said:
Usually the hall test determines everything and you don't really need to tweak all these parameters.
I suggest you to reset to defaults, then run the hall test properly, and then only adjust if necessary.

I did, but it still had the issue. I can try again to reset everything and try one more time.

I'll change my current limiting voltage and try again today!

bangbang said:
try these settings:

Internal speed limit % ...65
Throttle min (V)....2.50
Accelerate (ms)...200
----------------------------------
DC Current (A)...50
Rated phase current (A)...80
differant variables and conditions as wind hills rider weight (180lbs) other little tweeks but those i offered were text book settings.
hope it helped
Thank you very much I changed settings and will try today!

I've read and downloaded all the Sabvoton manuals and threads here, but still a tad confusing.

Rizeblader said:
Dui said:

I did, but it still had the issue. I can try again to reset everything and try one more time.

Can you describe how you did the hall test exactly? Many people do it the wrong way so I just want to make sure :)

So unfortunately it seems the settings didn't help. Sometimes it doesn't happen and then it does. If I roll the throttle slowly, I can avoid it happening. I changed min throttle voltage to 1.00 and it seemed to help a bit.

Since I have Flux weakning off, should the red circle display enabled or disabled? It always displays enabled and sometimes shows disabled. I feel like when it displays disabled, i get no stuttering/shaking.

Attachments

• 20201109_194720.jpg
    20201109_194720.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,682
Dui said:
Rizeblader said:
Dui said:

Can you describe how you did the hall test exactly? Many people do it the wrong way so I just want to make sure :)

Absolutely, I use the app and disconnect the display cable to use the app. I then follow directions from the manual, I attached a screenshot. I set amps between 10 to 30 amps, to remove bike off the ground, I tilt it off the bike stand to the side. Would this cause an issue since the bike is tilted to the left? I allow it to complete and say hall test passed. I then turn off hall test, change to normal operation and click save. I then wait for it to save, the reconnect the display cable, power off bicycle. Disconnect battery completely, power on controller with battery removed, to remove all power. Then reconnect everything and power on. Please let me know if I am missing a crucial step?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-184221_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201109-184221_Drive.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,686
Also to add, when I just pedal with bike on PAS doesn't engage. Once I give throttle and am pedalling, then pas continues to work. With tire in air and me hand spinning crank arm, PAS engages.

Anyone? Seems to be only whe loaded with weight. Wheel in air, 0 issue
Wheel on ground, no passenger, 0 issue.

I'm sure there is a setting i am missing?

So it appears to be fixed! At least 99 percent of the shaking/judder at start.

I apparently got a proper combination, plus decreasing the "Reverse Speed limit (%)" under function tab to 5 or 10. Weird!

I'll take it for a longer drive and report back.

I've read various things, in layman's terms what exactly does reverse speed limit do?

I'm not sure if this is completely relevant to your problem.
But when I wasn't getting full power compared to the amps I was putting in, it was because the Current limiting voltage was too high.

Turns out the current limiting voltage should be the same or similar to your Lack voltage.
I see your current limiting voltage is at 64 and your lack voltage is 43.
When I matched my current limiting to 42 to match my lack voltage, I got full power.

Did you manage to solve this issue? I'm having the exact same problem. Did some research and my motor poles are 10, but for Cycle Analyst/controllers that setting should be 50. That got me the right speed on display. However my pas does not engage just like yours and my throttle is behaving the same.

I've tried several different options but couldn't get any to work, so I'm kinda out of ideas on what to try right now.

However something curious is that my app shows Flux-Enabled even though it is disabled in the app and set to 0!

Idk if Nybody is still following this thread or has come up with the solution but from what I've read as y'alls symptoms I had the same issue this last summer. Upon closer inspection a capacitor or two had broken one of their two legs off where they connected to the controller board. I believe that is what's causing this phenomenon.

Back