Wheel won't move and screeches!

cg_ebiker

100 mW
I need to add some ferrofluid to my wheel at some point anyway so I decided to practice getting the motor open. First I tried using a crowbar but popped off the wrong side (wire side) :roll: ! I then used a gear puller to properly remove the stator and it all seemed fine. There are a few potential issues I've spotted which I've attached:
1. The phase wires have been rubbing where they enter the side and some of the metal is exposed. I don't think they were touching though as they've been like that for a while and worked fine.
2. There is some rust on the magnets and some of the top coating is flaking away
3. When using the crowbar, I accidentally squashed some of the windings a bit.

When I put it back together and connected it to my sabvoton, the wheel didn't move. I have an ANT-BMS which should have shown up any large current spikes and the sabvoton didn't cut out either. I then ran the hall sensor calibration which went fine and the wheel moved without a problem. I then eased it up to full throttle but there was still no movement or noise. I then noticed the RED LED of the sabvoton was blinking once a second but I could't access it on my computer. I've tried using a spare VESC I have and the motor just acts weird by stuttering and when I give it a bit of throttle, it stays still and makes a horrible high pitch noise.

I have no idea what I've done to the motor and somehow seem to have taken out my controller for the time being as well :x Any ideas folks?IMG_20201114_111900.jpgIMG_20201114_111849.jpgIMG_20201114_111838.jpg

Well this is embarassing... :lol: Turns out I was using a faulty wire between the VESC and the motor. Now the motor spins normally but the Sabvoton still got damaged somehow :confused: . I'm trying to figure out what's gone wrong. It seems to try to start up but then very quickly turns off and repeats.

Back