Need Help With Grin Pedal Assist

superdave16

100 µW
I got an asi bac2000. I was wiring everything up. I got almost everything hooked up (brakes, throttle, display, lights).

I am trying to hook up a 4 pin PAS from grin to my ASI Controller. From the support pages of asi's website I got the pinout for 5v, GND, Signal. Although I don't know what the 4th wire does. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

The 4-wire from my controller to my PAS at the BB shows 5v, GND, BIG and SML. Probably the same as your four wires, just different naming. Any luck finding what the lines mean?

Attachments

• 20201127_123536.jpg
    20201127_123536.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 242
I think you'll find that the PAS is what Grin refers to as a "2 wire" PAS, this is simply a sensor with 2 outputs, these are triggered, by the magnets, one after the other, which enables the controller to differentiate between forward & reverse pedalling.

If your controller only has one connection for PAS input, you really need a 1 wire PAS device, you could connect either one of the 2 outputs from the 2 wire PAS device, but this means that the controller will operate the motor regardless of the direction of pedalling.

If your controller has connections for 2 PAS inputs, you should be OK to connect them either way round, then rest to see if the motor runs with forwards or backwards pedalling, if you het the latter scenario, simply swap the 2 wires around.

Back