Motor magnets

Ianhill

1 MW
Not got dimensions yet I've got the rotor out now but as this pic shows one the magnets has slipped out the slot and shattered theres not any damage to the stator luckily the magent is soft so theres some dust and a few bits of shattered magnet so if I could get an exact replacement set I'd possible buy them at the right price as I'm so far into this project to back out.

Any help appreciated as I'm stuck dont know where to turn or who to ask this could be the end of this bike.
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

If it was me, I would try to find a narrow width rectangular magnet that is a similar length and thickness, then get like 4-6 of them to form an arc. This is assuming you won't be able to find a drop in replacement which is probably unlikely. I like magnet4less.com for off the shelf magnets.

Hope it helps,
Eric

Thanks Eric for the reply I've come to grips it's a money pit that's met its maker I'll take any decent bike parts off scrap the rest and have a pedal bike.

What's crazy is the motor still works fine lacking torque but spins up only half the magnet is missing and the half that remains was the end the hall sensors sit so there was no errors for the halls it spins up as usual it was a clicking noise that give it away and the fact I couldn't spin it by hand when I could before.

Looks like a cyclone 3000? Someone might have a burned up one they can extract a magnet from for you?

electric_nz said:
Looks like a cyclone 3000? Someone might have a burned up one they can extract a magnet from for you?

Theres a few that's took some surface damage and the opposing magnet has some damage from grinding too all in all theres about 6, I'd think they need to be done as a complete set so theres no varying in the cogging torque it soon self destruct again.

I'll clean the rotor up in some oil and have a look at the dimensions try my luck outside that Its for the scrap yard in the sky I got a little one on way and just didn't need this I was cleaning it all up to move it on and my luck appears to have happened, car phone and bike all in this month outside of the world affairs no job safe to say I'm not at my best lmao.

Back