Anti spark troubles

BDamari

10 W
I built a bottle mount battery, and whenever I put it on the bike it sparks at the prongs of the base. Initially, I thought just including an antispark connector on one of the cables going from the bat to the controller would solve the problem, but I think it will only work when the AS connector is the thing completing the circuit. Meaning you'd have to disconnect the AS connector, put the battery in, and then reconnect AS connector in order to avoid sparks.
I want a solution that would not add extra steps to completing the battery connection to the controller. Unfortunately I don't have a place for a switch neither inside the battery or on the bike, mainly because one of my priorities is simplicity and asthetics with this build. I'm also considering just not implementing anti spark and let it slowly chew on the prongs, but it doesn't really seem like the smart choice.

Any ideas?
thanks

whenever I put it on the bike it sparks at the prongs of the base.

Do you have wire connectors or a you slide the battery into the frame with a hard mounted connection.

Having wires coming out of your battery and wires coming out of your controller you just need some ASXT90's from Hobbyking or any local rc store.

If its hard mounted you need to figure out where to place the AS (Anti Spark), battery side or hard mounted side.

I had 10A fuses burning with 48vdc battery connections. Take a look at NTC THERMISTORS...
... with NTC thermistors, resistance decreases as temperature rises usually due to an increase in conduction electrons bumped up by thermal agitation from valency band. An NTC is commonly used as a temperature sensor, or in series with a circuit as an inrush current limiter...

Back