No orange ignition wire on Sabvoton 72150, can I add one?

OcTag3n

1 W
Hello,

My Sabvoton came with no ignition wire, but is it possible to add one? Does anyone know where to solder one to the board?

I would like to add an ignition key.

Thanks for any help.

You should have an orange ignition wire. http://cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/Sabvoton%20SVMC/SSC%20Series%20Brushless%20Sinusoidal%20Programable%20Motor%20Controller/537.html

It might be cut and you just cant find the shortened wire in the bundle of wires. Next step is to open up the controller and see if theres a shortened wire that slipped into the controller box. After that you need to find the solder pad on the pcb for the ignition wire. Hopefully you luck out and its labelled as IGN or something obvious.

Thanks. I will open it up & take a look.

I was under the impression that not all Sabvoton controllers were made the same as I've seen various different versions with different wire combinations. So they are all made the same, & unless purchased directly from the manufacturer, a third party (the person/company other than the manufacturer) cuts & leaves the wires as they see fit? I did not know this. Everyday is a school day as they say.

So I opened up the controller & could not see any orange wire or anywhere on the board where I might be able to solder one.

I have emailed Sabvoton & asked them, just waiting for a response.

Does anyone on here know where I could solder an ignition wire to the board?

I found a video on YouTube that shows where the orange wire should go but my board is slightly different.

Where do I solder the wire on my board?

Where the orange wire should be...

CfKCcZw.jpg

This is what my board looks like, where would you solder to?

suJcxTd.jpg

Have you got a picture of the front? What are your colours for things like throttle and brakes? I have had 4 sabvonton, one had blue as ignition.

The assembly line will use whatever color wire is nearest to use once the bin of same colored wires is empy, meaning it can be different colors.

Here is a picture of all of my controller. There are 2 blue wires, one blue wire is originally a pink wire soldered to the board. The other pink wire is joined to a red wire.

TUkAUrF.jpg

The pink wire that is joined to a blue wire, I can not find outside of the controller. The other blue wire goes to the hall sensor plug. Usually when I pull on a wire I can see which plug that wire goes to. The two pink wires joined to the blue & red wires are stuck solid.

The pink/red & pink/blue wires run to the usb connector used for the bluetooth dongle & the cable needed to connect to a computer.

n2rjAfY.jpg

Still looking for a work around. My board is a bit different, I'm not sure where to add an ignition wire.

From that picture & the first picture in this thread, could I tap a key ignition to here?

1ETKzoX.jpg

You guys are making this extremely way to difficult. The ignition wire is built into the display harness with the power button. You can add a keys switch to the power to the display so your controller won't turn on. That can be done with buying an extension piece and adding a simple key switch. Waterproof edition or not or the old edition with cycle analyst connect.

I don't even use a display and make contact with the bottom two pins for display wire to signal the controller on.

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_181515.jpg
    IMG_20200125_181515.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 1,540
  • IMG_20200125_173625.jpg
    IMG_20200125_173625.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,541
Boom! 😄

tblakeng coming through yet again!

Top man! Thank you sir 🍻

**PROBLEM NOW SOLVED**

👍

Just hit me up if you need help getting key to work. But it uses the bottom two pins near the flat plastic piece

Could be any colour wire, I haven't opened it up yet. It's more the location of the wire than the colour.

Yes add key switch inline to either of those pins in the picture above. If you want display delete then short them together.

Do not short them together and try to run display. If you want display and key switch run the key inline on either of those pins

I buy juul extension piece and cut it open and find what pin goes to what wire so I don't have to cut into display or controller wires

Hmu w/ any questions

I did this mod today & it worked like a charm. The wire that I put my ignition to was black but it doesn't matter what colour the wire is, more of it's location.

Thanks to tblakeng for coming up with this work around.

OcTag3n said:
Hello,

My Sabvoton came with no ignition wire, but is it possible to add one? Does anyone know where to solder one to the board?

I would like to add an ignition key.

Thanks for any help.
I have the same controller, all you need to do is add the switch in between the controller/ battery power wire. Im sure you have the battery + connection

Back