Help connecting new throttle to my controller

niko_saga

1 µW
Hi, ESers (or how do you call yourself).
So I bought myself a new throttle, and almost all of the cables are the same. However, the main difference between these throttles is that the new one has only one cable for the switch (yellow) when the original one has both yellow and brown. I will attach pictures with these cables. The question is, how do I make the switch work? Do I only connect one cable?
Upd. In the reply under I have also attached the wiring for the new throttle. Mb I am just stupid and did not understand which one is the second wire. If that's the case, then which one I don't have?

Original wiring:
Red: +5V
Black: Negative
White: Signal
Green: Positive
Yellow and Brown: Switch

Original

New

Ok.. Looks like my brain started working again. Blue is the second switch wire. Which means

Red goes to red
Black to black
White to green
Green NONE
Yellow and Brown to yellow and blue

I don't have an extra positive instead of a switch wire. Which hopefully will not do anything, because the new throttle does not need 2 positives. However, I do not understand why there were 2 positives in first place 0.o

Does the new one have a battery gauge on the handle bar ? Took me awhile to find the options in a throttle I needed. Throttle , three speed , off/on button only 6.95 and 35.00 shipping so will take 5 shipping 125.00 ? Same box ? So keep looking same company QS motor 5 throttles 6.95 ea and 61.31 shipping. Same website just found it.

E.Ser 's ? Sounds like you're cussing at us !
But we like it. Talk dirty to me..
My brother lives in harstead above the Arctic circle haven't been there yet. Let us know if you got it figured out.

FWIW, some switches don't swithc the controller on/off, so they dont' have two wires to teh switch, just one. For those, the second wire is internal and goes to the throttle's 5v line (so the throttle doesn't have a 5v wire to the outside, just signal and ground). Then the switch's only wire is the 5v input to the throttle. This lets you switch the throttle on when you need it but off when you don't; useful for various situations when you wouldn't want to switch the controller itself off but don't want to accidentally trigger a throttle response.

Based on your wiring, this is probably not how yours is wired, but you can verify this with a multimeter if you need to.

Back