Tripwire ebrake sensor won't disengage

DoTheEyeThing

10 µW
I'm wrapping up my first ebike build! :) Problem is no matter how much I pull or push the tripwire cable end, the switch stays engaged (wire is the push version). First discovered the issue while testing plugged into the cycle analyst and then verified with my multimeter.

I'm waiting on a response from ebikes.ca but it's the weekend so might be a few days and I'm anxious to get it working. Tempted to cut into it to see if I can find the problem, but that might reeeally bork it.

Any ideas to try?

I can't tell you whats the problem but i'd try to connect the two wires of your e brake or some other wires connected do the brage connection and try once with short circuited wires and once without. So you could check if the problem comes from the brake or from the controller.

Exactly the same problem with grin tripwire and BBSHD. It only disengages if I disconnect the plug.
May have to try the magnet switch brake sensor provided with BBSHD, but it seems to be extremely finicky and there are not good places to attach the sensor.
Apparent grin no longer sell the tripwire with the 3 pin higo connector.

Yep I never got them to work. Think I burned out the replacement they sent.

I got these and they've worked great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N612XYH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the reply.

Those look like the ones that came with the BBSHD. Unfortunately I can't figure out the proper placement on my hydro levers.

At least I know not to persist with the tripwires. I did have tripwires on my GMAC hub motor bike and they worked okay, but the placement was a bit finicky and you definitely need a robust spring back on your levers.

Back