EEB with BBSHD advice

Slozukimc

10 W
Hey All,
Been out of ebikes for a while and I just bought an EEB with a 48v 40a controller and 1500w hub motor.

I want to know if anyone has experience swapping the hub motor for a BBSHD and running it with the controller from the EEB.

I don’t think the hub motor is going to cut it offroad for me. I already have a 48v 64ah battery so I don’t want to upgrade that.

Thanks All, Mike

Another question for the same bike. It is a C&N model EEB. Is there a hub motor that will work with the 48v system that will give me ridiculous hill climbing torque and a max speed of 30mph with 26x4 fat tires?

Thanks again!

I don't know what controller you got, but the answer is probably no based on how it was when I installed a BAC855 controller on my BBSHD. I setup a bunch of things like hall order and angle, motor resistance and inductance, that it's geared and bottom bracket.

Either you could simply use the one in the BBSHD or replace it with something like a BAC855, Sabvoton or Phaserunner.

Step one is probably doing some research on the controller you're running and see if it's something you can reprogram.

I don't know much about hub motors, but I doubt you'd be able to find anything with BBSHD level of torque in a 48v hub motor while running on that unknown controller. Guess anything is possible if you got a fat controller and pushed a huge current to a hub motor, might only work for a few min tho. :lol: :flame:

Back