EEB upgrade to coaxial swingarm @48v???

Slozukimc

10 W
I have an electric enduro bike with c&n 1500w motor. It doesn’t have enough power and now I got it too hot and it has a lot of drag and shows an 07H error. I don’t like the weight of the hub motor either.

So I am trying to find a solution other than selling my damned near brand new EEB and building something else.

I have looked at the LR big block kit and it hangs way too low for offroad. The BBSHD is better but not by much. I think it would have enough power through the gearing.

Now I came across the Cyclone coaxial swingarm setup. The left hand drive is nice. The built in motor is sweet. It can come with a hub that would allow me to use my existing wheel and tire.

I have a 48v 64ah battery so I don’t want to upgrade that. I don’t expect motorcycle performance. I would be super happy with 30mph top speed as long as it has excellent hill climbing power.

Will the 4.8kw kit do that at 48v? A BBS02 will pull me up the steepest hill I ride at 12mph using the gearing to keep watts at 1000 or less with a 42 tooth front sprocket to keep it from overheating on my Burley Canto. I need more power than that for the heavy bike and ability to pull a trailer.

Would I be better off sticking with right hand drive so I can use gears with the motor?

Thanks for any advice and/or thoughts.

Update. The motor is smoked. An upgrade of some sort has to happen I guess.

I did some research and my battery is good for 100a continuous draw so using the 80a controller should be about 4300w on a full charge.

It looks like the drive side has a 32 tooth front and 43 tooth rear. I am assuming there is some reduction built into these motors? If it turns a similar speed as a BBS series motor at the crank that should give me quite low gearing. I have seen the Cyclone mid drive videos of them climbing stairs. My bike needs that kind of low end grunt.

Thanks again for any tips!

Slozukimc said:
I did some research and my battery is good for 100a continuous draw so using the 80a controller should be about 4300w on a full charge.

It looks like the drive side has a 32 tooth front and 43 tooth rear. I am assuming there is some reduction built into these motors? If it turns a similar speed as a BBS series motor at the crank that should give me quite low gearing. I have seen the Cyclone mid drive videos of them climbing stairs. My bike needs that kind of low end grunt.

Thanks again for any tips!

I have the coaxial motor and on 72v 30t front 50t rear with 27.5 2.8" wheels I get 54kph without field weakening, 63kph with field weakening.
So with 32 and 43 you should be around 25-28mph. But you should be able to change sprockets if you don't go for the belt route.

I highly recommend you get a controller capable of field weakening.

I also recommend you get the left side drive version, so the motor and pedals operate on seperate chain lines. Much better setup as the motor is voltagex10 rpm at the crank so 400-750rpm depending on battery.

Back