BBSHD ASI BAC855 programming thread

fja2

1 mW
This thread is about programming ASI BAC855 controllers that are paired with a BBSHD motor.
Easiest way to program: Use a regular bafang BBSHD HIGO display to USB(TTL) adapter and the BACDoor software.
When changing parameters I always press the write button, then I press (Menu->Parameter->Save to flash) in BacDoor.

If anyone got a descent xml file, please share!

I may release multiple profiles in the future, but I'll start with the one I use daily.
Everyday:
Description: It will try to keep tension on the chain while the bike is moving giving you a very light push once you've acceletrated, it will stop the tension(turn the motor off) whenever you stop.
Code:
Todo: *V4* Possibly lower the power you get with mode 2.
Changelog:
Code:
*V1* Initial release.
*V2* Disabling stuff, optimizing parameters. After some testing I've found out that my bike got very efficient, the power is there when I go uphill and on the flats I don't have to push it as hard to go like 40/h
-Changed "Rated system voltage" to 58 V
-The motor now ramps up to torque a little slower, no wheelies! But also no broken nylon gear.
-Disabled a bunch of inputs that I don't use, PAS, regen, etc.
-Changed BMS interface type from 0(None) to 1(Voltage model)
-Retuned the RPM, Rs, Ls, Hall offset using the autotune feature.
-Changed sensorless settings (They're not used, but now the values makes it more likely to work.)
-Changed a few other settings that don't seem to affect the ride in any way.
*V3* Made the speed modes work.
-Changed a speed mode parameter, now everything matches the Eggrider recommended settings.
-Changed top speed to 100km/h, changed mode 1 and 2 speeds. Mode 1 is now very soft and maxes out at about 700W, I get about 40km/h on flat roads with it. Mode 2 is pretty much full speed, slightly slower. The chain tension will also scale according to the mode, mode 1 is great for the city where you may not want the chain tension to push you while mode 2 gives you a very weak push at times.
The "eco" mode doesn't do anything intentionally as a kind of sabotage proof/safety system. I got my display set so it always turns on into "eco" mode.

-Switching to mode 0 will now turn off the tension and change the max current to 0%.

V1: View attachment BBSHD everyday.xml V2: View attachment BBSHD everyday-v2.xml V3: View attachment BBSHD everyday-v3.xml

Quick question, is this all I will need to program the BAC855 for my BBSHD? I have the interface USB cable and have an idea of what to do here. I also have the 500c mini display that I will need to get running with this. 52V battery.

Thanks again.

Hey there! Maybe you are able to post some screens of your current setup? I’m afraid to load xls file directly to the BAC855 and brick it due to different firmware versions. Thanks!

Back