KT LCD9 display - Possibly dead?

Excursi0n_AUS

10 µW
Hey guys and gals,

I have a KT LCD9 display hooked up to a 52v-40a controller with a 48v battery.

I think the display just died but would like someone to check my testing method.

Luckily I have 2 battery packs and can confirm the battery is all good, the controller is getting 52v to 48v.

The output line from the controller to the display is passing 52v to 48v leading me to believe the controller is doing it's job. But the display will not turn on, it is completely unresponsive.
All the connections are solid and it was working fine a few days ago, nothing odd.

My thinking is.... If the display is getting power it should at least be lighting up, no display despite getting power makes me think the controller is good but the display is toast.

I am often lazy with turning off the display and will just flick the battery switch to off, I get a weird feeling that the display didn't like this and has popped in protest.

Any advice or input would be great.

Cheers,
Exc

There is a little power converter (LVPS) inside the LCD; this could have failed. But it's just as possible that the wiring or connector (or pins in it) between the controller side of the connection and the LCD failed. The latter is relatively easy to diagnose and fix; the former is easy to diagnose but not that easy to fix, depending on which part(s) failed.

The LCD should power up with hist battery positive/negative. If it does not, then it'w broken or you're not getting power to it.

While waiting for a replacement ...you can jumper the connector plug, and the bike controller should work with throttle and a default PAS.

Back