GoldenMotor BAC-601 Display PCB

LewTwo

1 MW
I am trying to locate an intermittent fault in my Golden Motor V4 front hub motor system. It acts like a loose wire ... start fine, goes a few feet and cuts out ... rinse, wash and repeat. So I found a lose wire in the BAC-601 display and decided to re-terminate the cables. I am posting my documentation here for posterity in case someone else may find the information useful.
Golden Motor BAC-601 Display Board 003 (1024).jpg

Now for a bit of Trivia:
I closely examined the PCB to see if there were any obvious faults (i.e blown resistor, capacitor, etc.). I discovered what I think is a most unusual feature.
Golden Motor BAC-601 Display Board 008 (1024).jpg
I do not believe that 'extra' capacitor was part of the original design.

This is the wiring harness connector pin out (to the best of my knowledge) for the Golden Motor Smart Pie and Magic Pie V4.X systems. Somehow I have manage to lose that bit in the middle :( Fortunately the only connector I used from that multi-headed beast is the throttle connector. I will likely wire a standard 3 wire Bafang throttle into the base cable.

Update:
I found the spare control harness and I now recall why I will NEVER purchased another Golden Motor System.
From my front axle to the point on my handlebar where the throttle mounts is approximately 85cm.
The cable harness length is over 2 full meters (214cm).
What is one supposed to do with all that extra cable ???
Absolutely ridiculous !!!

FYI:
The connectors used on the Golden Motor Systems are NOT Higo connectors (as used on the Bafang and several others). They are labeled "DREAM" and nearly the same size as the Higo connector. They are however physically incompatible. Close but no cigar.

View attachment connectors-new (REV-A).pdf

Back