Same kits, different results. Why?

Raider

100 mW
Hello.
Does anyone know who the guy in this link is?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0UbXV7wvg

Seems like we have the exact same kit, same wheel size, I have also a52v battery, but with about 2080 wh, but still.
Our resullts are WAY different.
If he is in here, I would be very interested in knowing a couple of things.
First, how many watts are deliveres to your motor at full power?
Second, I also have the Bluetooth adapter for the controller, but the app I got a link to for the controller are directly connected to China, and don't give the kind of information he clames at all.
Maybe he's even in here?
Anyone?

If the battery voltage and tire diameter are the same, then the most likely reason is that he is using a high kV motor (low turn count), on a flat road.

The air space around each stator tooth is a fixed size. The could can be made from many turns of thin wire, or a few turns of thick wire. This affects the amount of RPM's you get per applied volt.

spinningmagnets said:
If the battery voltage and tire diameter are the same, then the most likely reason is that he is using a high kV motor (low turn count), on a flat road.

The air space around each stator tooth is a fixed size. The could can be made from many turns of thin wire, or a few turns of thick wire. This affects the amount of RPM's you get per applied volt.

Well, the entire kit seems to be exatly the same. Including the motor . That's what doesn't make sence.

Here is a link to the QS 205/50H hubmotor. The website page lists their three most popular kV's, the 3T, 4T, and 5T. The turn-count refers to the copper windings inside, so...they all look the same from the outside.

https://www.qsmotor.com/product/3000w-bicycle-motor/

If you contact them, they actually have several more turn-counts available aside from the popular three versions.

Perhaps the builder in the video contacted the supplier and requested a turn-count that was different from the standard model...Which turn-count is the motor you purchased?

This is the link to the kit: https://bit.ly/38WHV0J
Seems as the specs are the exact same, both motor and controller are the exact same as I have.
When you look at the last picture in the link, the max speed sais 60, but the main sais 65. Sales trick, I know.

By all means, I have had my bike going more than 70, but then we're talking down hill :wink:
That's why I would be interested to know what wattage his controller would deliver at full throttle.
As far as I know, 45A means somewhere close to 2500W. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Can't seem to find two calculations that sais the same about this :D

This kit motor is the same standard motor that are delivered under several different names, but manufacturers are the same.

Also, the clamed ride distance.. 100km. How the heck??
My kit ran out of juice after only 47km. Only using assist 1 to 3. Never throttle only. And an average speed at 32km/h. By all means, it is a bit hilly where I ride, and compare that to flat as a pancake landscape, it would be a difference. And also the claimed and real amphours of the batteries might vary. Mine are claimed to be at 1040 wh a piece.
I just fint it to be an unreasonable difference, that's all. And I wonder why..
Theoretically I should have somewhere close to 180 km ride distance, but I doubt very much that is the case.

P.S. I also live in one of those useless countries where the pople making the rules don't have the slightest clue as to what they are talking about and sets limts to 250W motor and 48v battery. And speed at max 25km/h.
Completely useless.

Raider said:
Never mind. I'll figure shit out for myself.
There was no diagnosable information in your posts:

Raider said:
Our resullts are WAY different.
Different how?

Raider said:
Seems like we have the exact same kit...
Seems like? The video links 3 different kits, and as above, the same motors are offered in different Kv.

Back