Giant Fathom E+3

Hello All,
I am current looking to increasing the range of my 2019 Giant fathom E+3. My plan is to build own battery and house in a Battery bag ( see photo below ). Then try and tap into the wiring of the exiting circuit on the bike. The OEM battery , which is Energy Pak 400. My understanding is a 38v unit, containing 40 - off 18650 cells. With this setup i get a range of Approx. 45km.

Therefore i believe this to 10s4p arrangement.( @400w)

My plan is to use 14s6p battery , using Samsung 18650 's 3400mah per battery. (20.4 ah , approx. 1000 watts.)

I have tried searching online to find a wiring diagram for my bike , but the Giant Website does not have these. Searched for hours on the internet but no luck... :confused:

I want to try and make sure i construct this hybrid battery that does not fry the circuitry and a expensive repair.

Does anymore have one of these diagrams they could forward me ? or have an idea what the Pinouts for battery connectors in the photo below my main are ?

Or if there is a website , someone could point me in the right direction , i would be most grateful ?

thoughts and any help on this would greatly appreciated.

regards

tony

Attachments

• IMG_5827.JPG
    IMG_5827.JPG
    527.2 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_5828.JPG
    IMG_5828.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 416
technotony007 said:
Therefore i believe this to 10s4p arrangement.( @400w)

My plan is to use 14s6p battery , using Samsung 18650 's 3400mah per battery. (20.4 ah , approx. 1000 watts.)

Not understanding your math on these. Can you show your work?

So since you've decided to up the voltage to 48V, does that mean you've verified that the controller can handle 48V, or is the plan to replace it? Need more info.

Hi E-HP,
Thanks for reply. It is my plan, hence that is why i why asking if anyone had a wiring diagram to verify what the whole system is rated too, and what it could handle. The OEM battery I have that came with the bike appears to be a 38v in the serial number reference. That's why I believed it may be a 10sp4p or 3p. The only real way to confirm this is to take it apart. ( although i have not tested with a multimeter as yet. ) I have also an OEM 500w battery and that appears to be a 48v reference in its serial number too , hence the assumption it was 48v.

The last thing want to do, is completely strip the bike down to component parts , and have to reverse engineer it.

fingers crossed , someone hopefully can point me in the right direction for OEM giant wiring diagram.

regards

tony

I would check what is voltage rating of electrolytic capacitors in controller.
this would give you idea what is max. approximate voltage controller can take.

miro13car said:

Thanks for that info , what will these capacitors look like ?

regards

Tony

technotony007 said:
miro13car said:

Thanks for that info , what will these capacitors look like ?

regards

Tony

If you're not sure what a capacitor looks like, it's probably would work best for you to take pics of the controller board once you've opened it up.

Back