Cycle Analyst SOC display (power consumed vs voltage?)

WalkerYYJ

1 mW
Hi all,

So I have a CA v3.1, running a phaserunner and a GMAC10T.
Its running on a 50Ah LiFePo4 10S (~33V) pack.

My BMS (Tiny BMS) has really solid SOC data based on current in and current out.
When I charge the pack up (Satiator) Id love to be able to tell the CA "HEY! your full now!" (or 80%, or 70%, or whatever standard level of charge we deem as full) Then have the CA take that programmed "full" number of Ah and as the motor burns down the watts adjust the SOC indicator...

With the LiFePo4 chemistry after I get to like ~80% pack SOC the voltage gets low enough that the CA shows we are essentially empty... Any way to do what I've mentioned above? (yes the pack chemistry is set properly in the CA)

Thanks!

SoC% is very hard to get accurate, even dedicated BMs costing hundreds aren't great.

But with familiarity you develop your intuition, so a cheap $50 coulomb counter wattmeter is good enough to stay above the 20% SoC o hatever you what to stop at.

So if you have 45Ah usable at your stop-charge point of 3.45Vpc or whatever

reset the counter, and watch for hitting 35Ah, IOW 10Ah left.

Just example numbers

WalkerYYJ said:
Hi all,

So I have a CA v3.1, running a phaserunner and a GMAC10T.
Its running on a 50Ah LiFePo4 10S (~33V) pack.

My BMS (Tiny BMS) has really solid SOC data based on current in and current out.
When I charge the pack up (Satiator) Id love to be able to tell the CA "HEY! your full now!" (or 80%, or 70%, or whatever standard level of charge we deem as full) Then have the CA take that programmed "full" number of Ah and as the motor burns down the watts adjust the SOC indicator...

With the LiFePo4 chemistry after I get to like ~80% pack SOC the voltage gets low enough that the CA shows we are essentially empty... Any way to do what I've mentioned above? (yes the pack chemistry is set properly in the CA)

Thanks!

Since the CA determines SOC based on several factors, you may be able to fool the CA to do something close to what you want by changing the pack capacity setting in the battery set up, and/or doing that in combination with changing the battery chemistry options (discharge profile and voltage assumptions) or number of cells. Some adjustments may impact other functions though.

Back