Dual Motors on one battery

Some one asked me this today and i did not know the answere. if there are two 750w motors running of one 52v battery are both motors still getting 52v? or is the voltage devided up evenly between the two motor like each motors gets 26v?

Im just making an assumption but i think both motors are still getting 52v. maybe not a full 52v because its divided up between 2 motors. so whats really going on with this.

E-StreetBikes said:
Some one asked me this today and i did not know the answere. if there are two 750w motors running of one 52v battery are both motors still getting 52v? or is the voltage devided up evenly between the two motor like each motors gets 26v?

Im just making an assumption but i think both motors are still getting 52v. maybe not a full 52v because its divided up between 2 motors. so whats really going on with this.
Sort of.
Most two motor setups will have two controllers and one throttle controlling both. Each controller will have 52V as their input. The output of the controllers to the motors can vary between 0v and close to battery voltage when running full throttle. Below full throttle, the controller uses pulse width modulation (PWM) to control the output to the motors, and provide a lower voltage than the controller's input voltage.

ohh okay but say i have a duel motor set up and am only running the rear motor will both batteries power the rear motor? or is it 1 battery per motor? if you know what im saying haha

It all depends if the batteries are connected in parallel. Trace your battery wires and see if they are connected. This is the short answer. I have a list of questions like do you do both batteries run down, do you bulk charge them or charge one at a time? Who built the bike?

Back