Phaserunner plug breaking

Joe2021

1 µW
Hi everyone, i´m Joe and new to this forum - but i´ve been reading in the background since some years now...

I´m setting up ebike with CycleAnalyst, Phaserunner and Grin all axle motor.
Basically everything is working fine, motor is tuned, proportional regen is working as desired...
But... i don´t like the plug breaking of the Phaserunner, i would like to deactivate it, getting the bike to complete standstill with regen beeing less effective the last km/h isn´t an issue to me. That very, very small use of brake pads for the last bit of moving energy is absolutely ok for me...
So i´m running into issue: with the help of Grin tech support i identified "features 2(03) Plug Braking" as on point of interest in the hidden features. The programmed value here is "3", but i don´t have any idea what kind of value is needed and if maybe there is still an other hidden feature that needs to be tweaked as well...
As good as the PR is (tiny, robust, powerfull for it´s sice) - i find it a little bit strange that such usefull features aren´t documented at all. Sure, the basic setup might do a good job for most purposes, but just with small digging deeper, you end up with a lot of unanswered questions.
Is there any unofficial documentation about that is available?
Was someone already running into the same issue and maybe has a solution?
Would be so great!

I am also interested in a solution of how to turn off the plug-braking of the Phase-runner. Not only it can consume insane amounts of energy, it also doesn't obey the battery-current limit.

So my quickfix for now:
Set "regen brake speed minimum" to the lowest level, where regen is just giving positive current into the battery. For my setup with the slow winding of the all axle motor in 27.5" rim it's just about 8km/h...
It's not perfect - still waiting for a real disable possibility - but avoiding spending battery for braking. And in fact, that small moving energy left is not really wearing brake pads.
Hopefully there still is a real fix for it...
Regards, Joe

Joe2021 said:
Hopefully there still is a real fix for it...

Hi Joe,

Did you find out how to successfully disable Plug Braking on your PhaseRunner please?
Not just to set a regen min speed, but to fully disable it?

Kind regards,
Oli.

Back