Cycle Analyst shows completely wrong temp and powers motor without throttle input (partly solved)

ebikeman123

10 mW
When I power on my ebike it starts accelerating to top speed without any throttle input. If I apply throttle, it only accelerates even quicker.
It also shows about 240 degrees celcius even if the motor is just being started from cold. And the temp voltage is nudging 5V while it is running.
If I disconnect the motor from the controller, it shows the same temperature, but 0 temp volts. I thought the temp was calculated directly from the voltage?

I tried changing the Rshunt mOhm setting on the CA to 1.0, but still the same.

I tried the autotune in the phaserunner suite, but still the same. I also tried to load in the default parameters for the GMAC 8T, but no luck.

I tried to zero the amps in the CA, so it read 2.5v on both current amplifiers. Did not help.

I bought the Cycle analyst from Em3ev and it had the settings set for a 40 amp infineon controller and a normal Mac 8t.
The rest are brand new from Grin Technologies.
Are there other settings I should be aware of that make the cycle analyst work with the phaserunner?

I am using these components:

v3.1 DPS cycle analyst with 3.14 firmware. (I cut and made the wire to the 6 pin JST plug shorter, by soldering, but I doubt my soldering was that bad?)

Phaserunner V3 with L10 connector

GMAC 8T with L10 connector

8 Pin CA-WP to 6 Pin CA-DP Adapter (it only has one pin coming out of the temp connector, is this correct? The wire going to the cycle analyst has 2 pins, which is weird. The adaptor has 8 pins in total coming from the controller, yet only 7 come out the other side. I guess the ground connector is combined or something.)

2-pin JST-SM Male to Female Extension Cable for Thermistor to CA3 (I cut it shorter and soldered it myself, but I doubt this is a problem)

I forgot to add that the cycle analyst seems to have no problem with the throttle. When I look in the settings, the throttle control seems to be working perfectly. Also, the throttle figure in the home screen shows normal behaviour.

In the cycle analysts diagnostic display, it says: In 0.85 (up to 4.24 by twisting the throttle. Out 1.29 (constant, but varies if I plug in the motor and apply throttle).

Solved half of the problem by just resetting the cycle analyst. Everything worked fine except the temp sensor, which still shows absurd numbers.

In the cycle analysts diagnostic display, it says: In 0.85 (up to 4.24 by twisting the throttle. Out 1.29 (constant, but varies if I plug in the motor and apply throttle).
I'm having this exact issue right now. I have my throttle in set at 1v and throttle out min 1.1v. the motor spins up when turned on without throttle being used. It even does it with no throttle plugged in. Reading .84 with throttle plugged in, and .04 with throttle unplugged, causing motor to spin up when turned on.

Wouldn't the high throttle out min be your problem? The CA takes a throttle input, modifies it, then passes it on to the controller. Throttle out min sounds like you are always telling it to output at least 1.1v to the throttle line to the controller and never less. If the controller is set to consider anything above 1v as throttle on, you'd always have movement.

Back