throttle control on a kt48 contoller

hoserrb

1 mW
can i use this controller on an ebike conversion to get PAS and throttle?
the bike has a controller on it now that has no allowance for pas and an lcd3 screen. it is simply a throttle i would like to have both.

i have a pas sensor and want to use this controller, it is correct power wise but has no labels
i have labelled best i can.
the label marked hall motor, im not sure about, as my bike today has a square plug, this is flat, however the wire colours seem to match up with another bike i have (although i dont have a white wire now)
so IS that flat plug the hall wiring? i have also heard of 6 wire throttles so maybe? but then where are the hall motor wires?
are either of those unknown wires for throttle? (i think usually throttle is red/black/blue?)

is it possible that this controller wont do throttle?

Attachments

• ctrler.jpg
    ctrler.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 166
  • cntrlr2.jpg
    cntrlr2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 166
My bet it the throttle wires are in there, you just need to identify them. There's 3, but they could be grouped for use with a throttle that has built in battery condition lights or on-off switch for instance. Maybe the plug on the for right in your pic?

Suggest you do some searches for KT 35a wiring to see if you can find some docs for a control with wiring matching yours.

ok figured it

on my diagram, the plug marked pas is actually the throttle plug
the plug marked hall is indeed the hall plug
the red/yellow/green on the right with a ? is for the PAS

my lesson is that there isnt much universal about wire color and plug shape when it comes to these things. my other bike with a kt controller has a red/black/green male end PAS plug, this one yellow/green/red female plug.

just trying to make me seasick :(
KT48SVPRL-GP06.jpg

and I quote myself:
Years ago the first Chinese E-Bike motor systems that were marketed were simple and
reliable. Connect the motor, controller, battery, throttle and they worked. Then they got more
complicated with new features, display units and lots more wires. The minimal
instructions/diagrams were written in “Chinglish” and included such off the wall wire labels as
“door alarm”, “teaching system” and “starter switch”. The biggest challenge was figuring out
what was actually supposed to be connected to those wires. That problem still exists today.
Now the wiring for the newer generation systems is a bit simpler but there has been little or no
improvement in the quality of documentation content

Back