What fork for the Qulbix 76?

okie

10 mW
I'm having a very difficult time figuring out which fork to get for this frame. https://www.qulbix.com/index.php/qulbix-web-shop/diy-e-bike-parts-go-to-shop/76-bicycle-frame-kit

I've been told I definitely need a double crown fork. One guy said I would be okay with a single crown fork if I'm not doing off road, but he was the only one who said that. Everyone else told me the weight of these bikes alone demands a double crown.

The other thing I can't figure out is if I need a straight or tapered fork. I read that a tapered fork can't be used in a straight head tube, so I want to make sure I don't order something that flat out won't work.

A 44mm head tube can accept a tapered steer tube fork or a straight One Point Five steer tube. Either one can be plenty strong enough for whatever riding won't cause the frame to become a structural problem in its own right. The frame is designed to hold batteries, not to be strong. If flat plates of sheet metal made decent bike frames, you'd probably see them more often.

A good budget option is the DNM USD-8. It won't win any awards but is the defacto option for a lot of OEM's and home builders alike. It's strong and performs reasonably well.

If you have money to burn, Fox or DVO.

i prefer single crown if possible. dual crowns limit your steering. not an issue w/ actual riding but when parking or maneuvering the bike into tight spaces. there are some heavy duty singles out there like rockshox domain and totem

DNM has the USD-6 which is the stock fork on the segway surron, x160 i think. the x260 is using the dual crown usd-8

Back