CA v3.1 setup not working

BigBoost521

100 µW
Bike reads all parameters fine, registers RPM from the PAS, however when the crank is rotated nothing happens. Disclaimer; when I power up the battery/controller, I do get a brief bump from the hub motor.

Setup is as follows:

UPP 48v 20amp pack
Bafang G010 250w motor geared hub (stamped as g120 250c 13)
Grinfineon Higo 20amp controller
CA V3.1.
24 pole Kingmeter PAS

I've been through every parameter in the setup numerous times. Here are some are most that I have set.
6 speed poles for speedo (for bafang geared motors which has 20 poles), 42V cutout for battery (battery is fully charged), Basic PAS enabled @24 poles start power 200w. I zeroed out the PAS and have the Ohms calibrated to 4.803 for the controller on lo range. Direction is correct for PAS and reads RPM when pedaled in the correct direction. I'm lost. Any ideas? Thanks

BigBoost521 said:
Bike reads all parameters fine, registers RPM from the PAS, however when the crank is rotated nothing happens. Disclaimer; when I power up the battery/controller, I do get a brief bump from the hub motor.

Setup is as follows:

UPP 48v 20amp pack
Bafang G010 250w motor geared hub (stamped as g120 250c 13)
Grinfineon Higo 20amp controller
CA V3.1.
24 pole Kingmeter PAS

I've been through every parameter in the setup numerous times. Here are some are most that I have set.
6 speed poles for speedo (for bafang geared motors which has 20 poles), 42V cutout for battery (battery is fully charged), Basic PAS enabled @24 poles start power 200w. I zeroed out the PAS and have the Ohms calibrated to 4.803 for the controller on lo range. Direction is correct for PAS and reads RPM when pedaled in the correct direction. I'm lost. Any ideas? Thanks
Did the motor ever work, and was the controller and motor part of a kit from Grin?
If you never got it to work yet, then I'd guess mismatched phase or hall sensor wires.

Motor never worked with this setup. It came from a working igo that I bricked the controller on. The serial is as follows RM G120.250.DC 13 1
007F2U2135003. It has more coiling cycles and the connector type is 007 not 008 like some other bafangs but the connector is the same. Cant find the pinout anywhere...

update: if I change the pole count to 1 on the speedometer setup screen the speedometer now reads accurately but still no power

ZeroEm said:
How do you know the controller is wired to the motor correctly?

Controller was purchased with the standard 9 pin bafang pinout as the input; plug and play to the motor.

Trying to figure out if the controller and motor are working. the CA only controls the throttle to the controller.

When you say "Motor never worked with this setup" all kinds of wild thoughts go thru my mind.

After the basic setup, I would not adjust the setting in the CA until confirming that the controller will turn the motor correctly.

I would only trust that the pinouts are correct if it plugged together and worked correctly.

But i'm one of them people that start at the basics then work my way up.

ZeroEm said:
Trying to figure out if the controller and motor are working. the CA only controls the throttle to the controller.

When you say "Motor never worked with this setup" all kinds of wild thoughts go thru my mind.

After the basic setup, I would not adjust the setting in the CA until confirming that the controller will turn the motor correctly.

I would only trust that the pinouts are correct if it plugged together and worked correctly.

But i'm one of them people that start at the basics then work my way up.

Controller powers on has led status indicating working and in sensored mode. It also powers on the cycle analyst which has no errors via its troubleshooting screen . Motor worked fine on old bike but i did brick the controller so maybe that damaged the halls? I think i need to test hall sensors but i dont think thats possible with the waterproof connections i have unless i splice them and allow room for leads.

ZeroEm said:
Disconnect the CA and hook a throttle to the controller and see if the motor turns. No point in working with settings until that.

Was thinking of this. Just ordered will see what happens.

BigBoost521 said:
Controller powers on has led status indicating working and in sensored mode. It also powers on the cycle analyst which has no errors via its troubleshooting screen . Motor worked fine on old bike but i did brick the controller so maybe that damaged the halls? I think i need to test hall sensors but i dont think thats possible with the waterproof connections i have unless i splice them and allow room for leads.

Swap the blue and green phase wire connections.

UPDATE!

Got my throttle in the mail and have accurate throttle input voltage of .89 to 4v and associated throttle percentage for given throttle travel, however just as with the kingmeter 24pole PAS the output just stays at .49v no matter the setting.

But... connected directly to the controller and disconnecting the CA3, it works!

So its got to be something with the CA3.

SOLVED.

ended up being the default values of the ebrake which i do not even have. Changed default value from .5v to 0v and wam bam. Thanks for all the help guys

Bike has been running fine. Think ill switch to 700c x 36 or 40 to smooth out the ride at higher speed. It'll cruise with moderate peddle effort at 30mph with 600w. Have ridden 70 miles so far no problem. Back seat added which has been fun as well.

Attachments

• 20210907_180815.jpg
    20210907_180815.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 299
Back