Hacking EV BLDC Motor Controler Protocol

Piwencjusz

1 µW
Hello, I am writing here because I bought a motor controller and I am trying to see how it works and communicates with the display. I know its pinout and I know that after connecting the power and turning it on, it sends 9 bytes in the uart baud 115200 protocol, but that's all I have or someone has had to do with something like this and know what the protocol is?
241038626-3029176787360179-8538548861033835534-n.jpg

DS1-Z-Quick-Print10.png

scotter-pimout.png

I don't know what the protocol is, but I would hook up a USB UART adapter to the display and start sending it some data to try and figure out how the protocol works.

In the captured data you have 0x5A and 0xA5. 0xA in hex equals 1010 binary, 0x5 would be 0101. These values are commonly used to mark start/end of communication frames, so that's likely what they're being used for in this protocol.

I would start by modifying the 0x00 bytes in this frame and sending it to the display to see what happens. They could be values for something that's zero when the ESC is idle, like RPM or current.

Hi boys and girls i have to thank Piwencjusz
i reconized the controller and the PLUGS and did not now that the blue wire had to be connected to 36v to activate i was having doubts my controllers where still working because i could not get any serial comunication (but now it is party time)

the protocol it is using i reconized it

here you are guys

Instruction format
Note: The communication method is UART 9600 8N1, the low byte of data greater than one byte comes first
1 2 3 4 5
0x5A,0x0A,0x01,0x00,0xXX
item detail
1 0x5A command header
2 0x0A command
3 0x01 Data length
4 0x00 Data
5 0xXX Checksum low byte (excluding instruction header 1 and 2 )

i am writing a program so you can control and set them up by wifi on a esp32-s

my question to Piwencjusz you got a link for me where you bought the controllers (mine are from old rentall escooters)

when my code is finished i might post it somewhere

Back